My apologies to Road Madness viewers

griev, Jul 21, 4:07am
I was watching Road Madness last week and saw a clip that looked famillier.

After they played the full clip my partner commented that there were an awful lot of 'bleep bleep bleep' s editing out the colourful language.

I had a look on my phone, sure enough the footage was mine, but oh my, I do need to mind my language, the official unedited rerun was awesome to hear by a truck driver who has just been cut off by a stupid motorist.

So to all you who winced , sorry, but more is coming

tgray, Jul 21, 4:38am
I think the program encourages road rage. Someone makes a mistake and the wronged party lets loose a tirade of abuse.
This promotes intolerance and even encourages people to go 'off their rocker' when they are wronged. Makes it seem like a normal and correct thing to do.
It's not, and can end in getting you beaten up or worse.
If you see examples of poor driving, take a deep breath and move on. Not everyone out there is as good a driver as you.
Really bad driving should be reported to the Police.

griev, Jul 21, 6:32am
Yep, well in my years of driving I now ignore the general bad drivers, it's the stupid ones that get me going.

This and a few others have come so close to death it's not funny

They will be showing a clip soon where I only glimpsed the car going under my bumper and thanks to unknown reflexes I managed to turn the truck away prior to going straight through his passenger door.

I had to stop further up the road I was shaken thats how close it was.

Years ago I was travelling north on QEII, a Subaru pulled out of Phillpots road, I lifted and started to brake that's how close they were, but when they floored it, I saw the gap widen so started to resume my normal speed, then.

A taxi van, briefly converted to a mini school taxi bus decided to have a go, if it was only a driver I would have stayed my course as the alternative involved a ditch and probable serious harm,

However the van was full of school children, so I hit the picks slung the arse around (I am in a concrete truck - small one this time so only 9-10t) and aimed for the ditch.

I slid past the van all locked up looking at white faced children looking at me, doing my best not to impact.

Much to my pleasure and surprise she pulled up just before the fence

*555 got and earful, they caught up with him and suspended his license on the spot.

I get a bit colourful when uneccasary harm is about to happen, but are trying to moderate my language

intrade, Jul 21, 6:38am
are you the clarkson of road madness tv proggy?

griev, Jul 21, 7:17am
With a bit of help from you, I can be

Re the camper saga, turns out a 2nd hand eng going to be a cheaper fix lol

Pulled G/box out! clutch and flywheel stuffed $$$$$$$,

Noise still there tracking it thru to eng tear down stage more $$$

Found a 2nd hand motor with a good cond clutch 120k for less that new clutch and tear down lol

intrade, Jul 21, 7:48am
what was that vehicle? dual mass flywheel?

3tomany, Jul 21, 7:49am
well said +1

quickbuck, Jul 21, 11:18am
Where is the Like Button around this place?

Totally agree with this.

griev, Jul 22, 12:22am
Yep dual mass, could move the addon easily with hand, wobbling around, but new one fitted, other noises disappeared but main knock still there loud as

griev, Jul 22, 4:46am
You have brought up good points, however

Dash cams have been around a long time before Road Madness, the anger generated at some drivers I admit can be over the top, but has been thrown at drivers for years and years.

My dash cams were fitted a few years ago for insurance purposes only, I never had an inkling that others would get a kick out of watching it.

I have fwd several clips to insurance Co to help others who have had incidents captured on my dash cam.

Perhaps you might consider this

There is a large gap between poor driving and bad or dangerous driving, also I doubt anyone in a car that I or my truckie mates abuse can actually hear us, and well it was demonstrated well and truly that a car will leave a truck in the dust lol so the chances of us catching up with the perp are slim.

I do call the police ASAP, I do have a few clips with me dialing *555, however as those clips show certain footage, I am not at this stage allowed to publically air them.

I see some of those clips and I know exactly what goes thru those guys heads and hearts.

We drive, that's our job, some drive up and down the country, some around the town, but we drive.

Due to this we see shit that average driver won't

Yes we become intolerant of a person that has decided to use 1.8t of car as a weapon and endanger others.

Walk up to a car crash, smell the booze on one driver, look over and see the dead body, you start to not like drunk drivers very quickly, see the red light runners T Bone a car, you don't like red light runners, the list goes on.

Take a look at that footage again, most of those incidents show misses so close, it's less than a heartbeat from them getting away with a tirade of abuse to getting carted away in an ambulance.

Remember, those dash cam owners are just driving along, they just want to go home, but now they are off the road, under going counselling, not because of poor driving, but due to stupid idiots that should not be driving - ever!

But good thoughtful points you brought up.

tgray, Jan 10, 10:20am
Fair enough.
All your points duly noted.