Mazda Bounty Turbo Diesel

volvolad, Nov 3, 6:16am
2005 model 310,000km, is on a service plan and has been serviced regularly by mazda dealership, still runs and drives well, clutch will probably need attention, but other wise good, any body know of any other issues they have experienced with this model, thanks, your thoughts.

intrade, Nov 3, 6:40am
dont know the clutch will need a flywheel also personally i stay away from mazda ask for what fuelinjectors cost. at mazda parts if it is a ford you might be in luck if it is a mazda then parts will either be not available or cost 3 times more then for any other make dual mass setup cost 2 grand upwards unless you can import one from germany i got one for a t4 van for 449 euro as where they wanted 2 grand for it here lol
500 euro is about 1 grand

mram, Nov 3, 6:53am
If maintained, with particular regard to the coolant side of things, Ive personally seen 400-500k Kms on a few examples. This is the WL-T engine. Parts in general are cheap, clutch kits,etc Not Dual mass flywheel. Cracked heads are the Achilles heel of this engine. Replacement of the radiator every 100k kms in my book is a must

3tomany, Nov 3, 6:58am
This is good advise

volvolad, Nov 3, 7:01am
Yes, under a Custom Fleet service plan, injectors, glow plugs, coolant, have all been done when required, has done a lot of cold running just around the yard some days, but does get longer runs 2-300 ks at times.

3tomany, Nov 3, 7:09am
changing coolant is not enough the radiator must be changed every 100,000 ks

franc123, Nov 3, 7:11am
You have to watch for gearbox and diff bearing failure in those, they weren't overly well engineered in that area. If you can hear any odd whines at ANY speed or in a particular gear when accelerating or overunning get it investigated properly by your pre-purchase checker. Warped exhaust manifolds can also be a problem, look for sooty stains where they join the head and be very suspicious if there is, it could have been run too hot at some point, refer to the above warnings about cooling maintenance and overheating, they are to be heeded.

volvolad, Nov 3, 7:12am
Thanks, I will look through it's service note's and see if it has been changed.

noodleman4, Nov 3, 7:59am
Mines on 286000k it had a gearbox rebuilt at 150k due to boat towing in 5th , this was from the original owner im the 2nd, it had full service history, at 200k radiator rodded, belts etc. From what i read leaf/debri build up between radiators and grill needs keeping an eye on & clearing.
I change oil n filter every 5k air filter 10k (but do clean air filter reg between)
So yours has a service history should be sweet.

alfred011, Nov 5, 10:09am
Clutch kits for them are cheap you get clutch plate ,pressure plate assy,thrust bearing and spigot bearing,make sure the flywheel is refaced to get surface trued up ,very easy to remove gearbox and reassemble Labour 6 hrs max.

mrfxit, Nov 6, 5:09am
If the radiator can be stripped & cleaned properly by a pro radiator shop, then why replace it?

intrade, Nov 6, 5:13am
because the radiators are half the thickness of a sheet of paper. Thats probably why you replace it .

franc123, Nov 6, 5:22am
And often its not economic or advisable, if the upper tank is starting to crack or its starting to weep where the tubes go into the end plate its not worth fixing.

tamarillo, Nov 18, 5:23pm
Yes! It's not a Volvo. Fool.