New Road Animation

upnorth, May 27, 10:05pm

intrade, May 27, 10:14pm
the strech of motorway bypassing west of hamilton is 100kph and i was talking t my brother in the camper saying man in the tdi vw you could easy do 180+ on here like you do in germany but that would mean you cant have morons legally overtake on any side and drive 70 in the fast lane .
in germany you got to observe your mirror befor you pull out if that tini dot you see in the mirror is getting bigger in the next few secounds as it could be a porsche or ferrari doing 280kph plus and it will take secounds befor its right next to you if it is doing that speeds.

saxman99, May 28, 12:46am
Yes that's right, you have to be careful and look twice, but I found on the Autobahn that the guys driving at that speed in the fast lane were aware that traffic might pull into their lane and allowed for it. They would just slow down, wait for the lane to clear and then carry on. There was no road rage or anything, they just accepted that that their closing speed was high and not everyone can travel at 280km/h.

whqqsh, May 28, 12:58am
thing I still cant understand is why only 2 lanes each way? plenty of room for at least another lane each way.
Maybe being a bit more rural it will take time to be under-rated for the traffic volume but in the larger centres but, especially in Aucks, by the time a motorway is completed & opened its already undersized. My father said this about the North Western many years ago, reckoned insteadof 2 lanes each way it should have been 4 -6 lanes both ways, people laughed yet well within a decade it was jammed solid in peak hours & look at it now

intrade, Sep 4, 5:35pm
RE* 4 when was in this country anything done the first time that made sense? Look at brendyrwen they are messing with the road layout again instead of drilling a tunnel thru it with 4 lanes to be done once and for all.