What car/SUV should we buy?

Page 2 / 2
poppy62, Dec 17, 3:53am
Did you read the OPs post thoroughly? The ASX is actually a Citroen based clone anyway, but no where as well equipped as the Aircross. $36k new.

pestri, Dec 17, 4:26am
Riiiiight.

Essentially, the $32,000 Citroen C4 Aircross is a differently-styled version of the otherwise identical Mitsubishi ASX and Peugeot 4008. All three are designed, engineered and built by Mitsubishi in Japan, but the deal with Citroen and Peugeot increases production output from the same plant. Australia is one of few markets that sells all three versions of the same car. http://www.citroen.co.nz/citroen-c4-cactus-wins-design-star/.

alfa13, Dec 17, 4:45am
Kia Sorento or Kia sportage

poppy62, Dec 17, 4:49am
So what's the beef?

pestri, Dec 17, 4:51am
Could be argued that some cars are simply worth more than an ASX.

marmar1, Dec 17, 5:32am
Subaru outback.

fordcrzy, Dec 17, 5:37am
seriously? do the numbers. its gonna be cheaper to hire a 4wd twice a year than put up with the bad fuel economy and running costs of a 4WD. pointles getting a 4wd for such a small amount of use

tamarillo, Dec 17, 5:53am
Ok, thanks for clarity re the French Japanese sharing but I did know that. However my point was not well made I admit. My point about some cars being worth more was meant to allude to a car with higher retail value being a good buy as an ex demo or near new car ending up at same price as a cheaper new one. For instance a top spec Peugeot version with 2000km at same price as new asx.

tamarillo, Dec 17, 5:55am
Op didn't specify 4WD merely possibility of good ground clearance.

grangies, Dec 17, 6:39am
Other way round. The Citroen is an ASX based clone.

fordcrzy, Dec 17, 6:44am
keep your fiesta. drive to the coro. dont drive like a moron on the gravel road. 35k saved

poppy62, Dec 17, 7:43am
Well maybe just the platform. Rest is Citroen!

xr6turbo2, Dec 20, 9:48pm
Bought a Ford Kuga about a year ago, best car for my needs, its a diesel and great on fuel, also drive like a car

markv1, Dec 22, 7:24pm
Mitsubishi ASX 2015 - I bought one this year this year for $32k with 5 year warranty. Diesel 4WD. 18" alloys. Best vehicle I have owned and awesome value compared to other Diesel 4wds. Cheap to run, looks great. all good.

3tomany, Dec 22, 7:30pm
What makes you think kuga is thirsty? We have one in the fleet and apart from being a great car the ecoboost engine is amazingly economical, certainly more economical than 80% of the suggestions so far.

pestri, Dec 22, 8:56pm
The wise ones here will tell you that you are better off with a Peugeot 4008

laurelanne, Dec 22, 9:16pm
When you do replace your vehicle, please come back and tell us what you bought and for what reason.

brapbrap8, Dec 22, 11:21pm
Probably the recent court case where Ford had to pay lots of money because it was not nearly as economical as they said it was.
They have since changed their claimed economy figures.

richardmayes, Dec 22, 11:42pm
One of the guys at work has got a Peugeot 4008 and it's a nice enough car. Would seat 4 in comfort for travelling with modest luggage. I drive it around Wellington a bit (it's a company car) and it's not too big to be a good town car.

Like all of the other equivalent vehicles it's just a big 2 litre automatic car with extra ground clearance.

But being a Peugeot all of the shiny bits are a lot shinier than an equivalent Japper, and it makes you feel like you're travelling in a bit of style. Nice black dashboard with chrome rings on all the dials, and die cast metal up/down paddles for the gear shift on the column, so you can pretend you are driving something exciting. Glass roof which is unnecessary but quite cool. Easier to park than a Corolla due to having good mirrors.

Engine note takes a bit of getting used to but has adequate power for sensible driving.

My mate said he would have bought a Subaru XV if the budget had stretched a little bit further. but it didn't, and this thing was clearly the best of the rest.

timmo1, May 13, 6:33pm
Still doesn't solve the 'teenagers need space' problem though.