Unusual things you have found in cars

Page 1 / 2
tgray, Jun 21, 2:00am
The usual coins, lipstick, pens and the like, but also some surprises.
I bought a van from a lovely young couple once who were travelling NZ, and later found half a dozen knotted, used condoms in a rear door pocket.
Even wearing gloves, it felt weird and disgusting getting them out!
Luckily I found them before my next customer did.

kazbanz, Jun 21, 2:13am
Probably the worst car Ive ever dealt with was a Mitsubishi Chariot or a Honda shuttle from the early 1990's
It was traded in just before Christmas so sat in the corner of the yard till new years. Opened it up and we were gagging at the smell.
The back area was filled with poo filled nappies,used food wrappers,Maggots and just flith. -Not just a couple but a pile of them.

extrayda, Jun 21, 2:15am
At least they didn't chuck them out of the window - a week or so back when I got out of my car, I almost stepped on a used one left lying on the ground - classy (work car park).

poppy62, Jun 21, 2:15am
Half a finger, and lots of blood on the hood lining. 1978 Lancia beta. Qwner came to my yard, arm in a sling some time later and I asked whether he wanted the rest of his finger back,

kazbanz, Jun 21, 2:36am
ACTUALLY- we had a bloke came roaring into the yard about 13 years ago.He had a really clean 350z 2 seater he wanted out of in a BIG hurry.
We did all the normal checks and it came up fine so we did the deal.
The car was sold to someone who happened to clean chairs etc for a living.
A few days later we had a visit from the police.The new owner had started cleaning the seats and the machine was sucking up a load of blood from the passenger seat.-This was just at the time the girl was murdered in west Auckland.
-It turned out to be a non event-the blood was animal blood most likely from a sheep carcass. But we were pretty worried for a fair while

brapbrap8, Jun 21, 2:45am
I gave a cop a moment of panic once, he pulled me over when I had a new AR-15 M4 semi automatic rifle on the back seat on the way home from the gun shop, got the whole hands on the steering wheel where I can see them thing until I pointed him to the receipts, my licence etc!

mothergoose_nz, Jun 21, 2:49am
we had a nearly empty anesthectec bottle

sparkyz, Jun 21, 5:07am
HQ Holden ute with a couple of live 22 bullets as fuses in the fuse box.

cagivachick1, Jun 21, 5:19am
bought a 96 accord a few years ago and put a decent headunit in it and found the old one was full of coins, seems a previous owners kids had stuffed the tape player full

jason_247, Jun 21, 7:11am
a friend was detailing ute that was going through the auctions.
turned out to be a vets ute who had a bad habit of putting the used animal needle ends in the rear door pocket instead of a sharps container.

one hand swipe down the pocket to see if theres anything in there and half a dozen dirty deep stab wounds to the hands and even more needles in the arm to kill any nastys they might have had

trogedon, Jun 21, 7:19am
Gag!

clark20, Jun 21, 11:39pm
As a kid looking through our new (2nd hand) 180B wagon and found a shotgun shell, scared the crap out of me.

sifty, Jun 22, 12:02am
Loaded shotgun in the fold behind the seat in a HQ Ute.

Took it back to the cocky I bought it off.

petermcg, Jun 22, 12:35am
Plastic bag full of white powder in the fuel tank of an imported diesel truck. Took a few fuel filters to sort that one.

shall, Jun 22, 12:36am
a mate and i pulled out the rear seat to put some Car audio wiring in. and found a pair of bolt cutters and a balaclava

lookoutas, Jun 22, 1:55am
We get the occasional Cockie's ute's in with loaded firearms behind the seat - just take it as par for the course.

Found a live 308 round jammed up in the wheelarch of an HT Holden once. Well I didn't find it - the gas-axe I was using to cut open the guard found it. I just heard it and felt the concussion. Bloody near laid me out! Saw those funny circles & stars that the baddies used to see when the Phantom socked them one.

Still got the shrapnel in an old Kauri tin.

bowla3, Jun 22, 2:12am
A letter to the previous owners daughter with instructions as to, where and what she should be and do.
This was regarding PD.

sooby, Jun 22, 3:06am
I used to groom Japanese imports before sale, so jap coins, movie tickets, a fishing fly, takeaway menus etc.

Worst thing in a kiwi car was a very furry mould laden tomato under a car seat and milk spilt in car, the smell was horrendous! Pays to keep those groceries sorted.

edangus, Jun 22, 3:13am
Just cleaned out Granddads Car (Yesterday).I filled 4 Refuse bags of Rotten Meat, Veges etc. Sadly I think he needs to go into care. He loves his food shopping.

rpvr, Jun 22, 3:24am
A few years back, a workmate who owned a Nissan Fairlady sports car found a roll of japanese banknotes with a rubber band around them, tucked under the carpet in a place it couldn't have accidentally fallen, someone had to have put it here. He thought it probably wasn't worth much, but took it to the bank and received about $800. He'd had the car for a couple of years at that stage, so it was a nice surprise.

pdc1, Jun 22, 4:24am
can??

ignition328, Jun 22, 6:03am
10 of thousands of $$$$$$ in fines. It had the court documents and a bunch of other related stuff scattered around. I think I posted the full summary on here before.

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff323/328FTW/Random/CCF31102012_00007.jpg

Keep in mind that number was while he had paid money in, a running net total owed. The total he had to pay was much higher but most of it was written off by community service. No security against the car though, so away we went.

nesta129, Jun 22, 11:39am
Grooming a 4wd once for a lady at my first job.Reached under the driver's seat and ugghh. stuck to my fingers was a used period pad! Was disgusting and omg it was the one day I forgot to wear gloves!

jerichord, Jun 22, 8:48pm
once owned a car valet, frequently found ladies undies under the seats, once found a bag of dope

poppy62, Jun 22, 9:11pm
Small fish in a headlight of a car that had been for a swim.