Does it have to be an SUV ?

Page 1 / 2
pauline999, Jan 8, 8:40am
Time to let my Holden Astra hatchback go and I'm looking for something about the same size BUT with the seat a bit higher for my shonky hip and knees. Old age is creeping up ! I have about $25K to spend - any suggestions please apart from SUV's ? I do mostly about town driving with the odd drive to Rotorua and Taupo. Thanks

monaro17, Jan 8, 8:44am
Suzuki s-cross or a second hand Suzuki SX-4 (2013 up). Might be worth a look

franc123, Jan 8, 8:47am
Have you had a look at the Holden Trax?

msigg, Jan 8, 9:10am
Any small car with a higher seating position, my father has a late model corolla and he loves it because the seat is very high. Most late model cars have higher seating positions than they did 20 years ago.

mals69, Jan 8, 9:47am
This is what mother inlaw got for 28k - nice interior, good power, fuel economy. Available in hatchback

http://www.nissan.co.nz/Cars-Vehicles/Pulsar-Sedan/Overview

tamarillo, Jan 8, 9:15pm
But that's not higher seating.

tamarillo, Jan 8, 9:16pm
Don't. It's rubbish.

tamarillo, Jan 8, 9:17pm
This is an excellant suggestion. They know of all the high seated imports.

intrade, Jan 8, 9:19pm
yea tell me something that is not lol it dont matters what you buy new its all rubbish as you call it. there is some better and some worse rubbish thats about it.

tamarillo, Jan 8, 9:25pm
Yes thank you Intrade.

mals69, Jan 8, 9:25pm
Like other poster said seating not low - buy a pillow from
briscoes if a problem :) mother inlaw far from fit , 65 and has no
problems.

I'm sure the OP can spot the dukes etc too once on that glorious Nissan site

tamarillo, Jan 8, 9:29pm
Damn hard to miss I'd have thought. I wish I could just simply not see one ever again though!

nightboss, Jan 8, 9:44pm
They look like Nissan's homage to the Fiat Multipla.

franc123, Jan 8, 9:47pm
BS. Can you explain why? How much exposure have you had to them? And don't trot out the usual ignoramus built by Daewoo argument either, its a global GM product.

mals69, Jan 8, 9:48pm
Think alright looking - not your usual box

Diff strokes for diff folks

mals69, Jan 8, 9:53pm
Would it be prudent to even go there when the lion
is willing to sell so much other crap these days ?

Have they been around long enough to even make a call of
them being any good ? What sort of milage have some of
them done you been in contact with franc ?

richard112, Jan 8, 10:04pm
Pre 1948 Ford Prefect

franc123, Jan 8, 10:12pm
Have they been around long enough to make a call that they are bad? Go interrogate Jazzmans brother, not me for the answer.

mals69, Jan 8, 10:42pm
WTF ? Was only asking a question

Anyone with any principles would not buy one in the first place - why support a mark that is happy to sell other crap to people ?

kazbanz, Jan 9, 12:02am
Pauline-the truth of the matter is that there are a LOT of great cars available that will fill your needs.-ie higher seat/easy to get into /comfortable to drive. id suggest going to visit a dealer or two preferably when your hip/knee is twinging a bit.
IMO an SUV generally is NOT the best solution. With some exceptions the seat/floor relationship is about the same as a car. -and a lot more expensive to run.
IMO something like a Toyota Raum or Ractis would be ideal

kazbanz, Jan 9, 12:09am
In fairness can you think of ANY manufacturer that doesn't sell "outsourced" vehicles?
Think mazda bongo/Nissan Vannette. or Subaru dex/Toyota BB/Daihatsu materia --just a couple that leap to mind.
Or Daiha

tamarillo, Jan 9, 12:28am
When tested in comparison with others products it has consistently scored badly, at least in ones I've read. Whist it is a global Gm product, GM run different lines and this is one of the cheap lines along with the Cruze.

pauline999, Jan 9, 12:51am
Thank you for all the suggestions. I'll work my way round the dealers this month and see what appeals.

mals69, Jan 9, 1:52am
Its the degree of shiteness

survivalkiwi, Jan 9, 2:10am
Mitsubishi ASX.