Mitsubishi rvr 1998

feebee10, May 17, 4:52am
Any body know anything about the above? How good are they on fuel? Anything I should look out for or problems they have? Thanks in advance

gammelvind, May 17, 4:56am
Back away if it has a GDi engine in it.

therafter1, May 17, 5:11am
I thought they were all already in the car graveyards lol

kazbanz, May 17, 5:14am
Don't just don't

therafter1, May 17, 5:20am
Oh, and in regard to your fuel use question, when they are running they are thirsty brutes for their size and performance, or should I say lack of performance.

feebee10, May 17, 5:21am
Kazbanz tell me more?

franc123, May 17, 5:32am
They are sold mainly because something major is broken or about to break or they're plain sick of throwing money at them and having to top the oil up every time they put gas in it. GDI petrol versions are dogs, diesel versions are dogs, all of them crack heads and smoke and bugger transmissions (that's auto AND manual by the way), the roof can develop rust holes and are really just a liability by now. Not particularly good at anything, not even got the space inside that the similar Chariot has, and buyer after buyer each a bit more broke than the previous gets sucked in because they are cheap. Fuel economy is about 9-11l/100km and really isn't much of a worry in the scheme of things. Check them out carefully and enjoy.

feebee10, May 17, 5:36am
ok thanks Franc123 good advice, looking for a 2nd car but I guess it wont be that one!

2sheddies, May 17, 5:47am
They're often incredibly fuel efficient. in order to use fuel it must first be running.

tamarillo, May 17, 6:32am
Many years ago now a friend sold theirs because it was using more gas than the falcon they'd given up for it. It was a 4wd model, had been fully serviced and wasn't that old at the time.
Seems others have had similar experiences.

3412cat, May 17, 7:30am
Flatmate has a blue one she walks to work as it costs to much in fuel to run,guy behind me has a blue one he loves it thrashes it to work everyday same place as the girl who walks he has also just spent 2500$ in repairs to the tranny and engine. neighbor in Marlborough had one same blue as the other two engine died they spent big $$$ to fix then the tranny died they cut their losses and scrapped it. a work colleague had silver one it was generally just a piece of crap drunk gas like a thirsty lizard and had tranny problems aswell he ended up scrapping it due to alternator/battery issues.
had a galant with the same engine it died tragically. got chopped up and buried.

a.woodrow, May 17, 7:43am
So is the moral of the story don't buy in blue or silver?

feebee10, May 17, 7:58am
thanks everyone, I think we will give that one a wide berth then.

franc123, May 17, 7:59am
Time to form a support group then lol. That's usually what happens though. one day you notice its using water as well as oil and fuel, then the top hose or radiator tank blows, you renew that then the head has to come off and be fixed or replaced which is what caused it, and naturally you need to do a full cambelt job, oil seals and water pump when in there. Once you've recovered from that one morning its lost reverse or its starts flaring in the gears, in goes a second hand trans and then a week later the transfer case starts whining. A month later the inside handle for the slide door breaks at random and your passengers have to crawl out the hatch door.

rctr, Jan 26, 4:11pm
Come on guys there not all bad they have a good windscreen and heater steering wheel not to bad either or the horn