Advice please ,looking at Saab 93 2.0 Turbo 2003

kevlight, Oct 14, 7:32am
-Airbag light is on.
-The heater fan has stopped working (probably a resistor).
-Stability control light intermittently comes on.
just looking for a second car with a tow bar ,
are any of these issues a killer, or worth taking a punt on ,cost wise ?

andy61, Oct 14, 8:06am
Why? with all those issues ,it could turn into a rather expensive car,why has`,t the current owner had them fixed?(they are just a repackaged Opel Vectra aren`,t they?,and the Vectras were not well regarded)

berg, Oct 14, 8:08am
Cool car but personally, having worked on a few, without knowing the exact causes of the issues I wouldn't go there. I think that would be a "GM ownership" car where GM Owen the company and told SAAB what to build but SAAB kinda just saI'd "no". Are you mechanically minded or would you have to pay for the fault finding and repairs?

tgray, Oct 14, 8:20am
I would want a car that is up to WOF standard at the very least. Airbag light on is a fail.

intrade, Oct 14, 8:46am
airbag is not emission data, however airbag is fully standalone circuit as it has to be fast and cant be ona network like the engine and ask everyone can i deploy the airbag gearbox now o do you want me to wait.
So you will need a tech.2 with saab cartridge for all diagnostics

intrade, Oct 14, 8:49am
i found this in a hurry got to go to town pick up a new brake hose .
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260738
have not read it but it contains tech2 talk.

supernova2, Oct 14, 9:30am
Depends on how much you have to pay for the car. If it's $50 then buy it.

yogibearz, Oct 14, 9:51am
Serviced one of these a few years ago.Was a goldmine for the workshop and i am sure the owner would have happily used it as a landmine. walk away. no RUN away. I would'nt touch one .but thats just my opinion.

desmodave, Oct 14, 10:19am
Do i take it you have not seen the car in the flesh as such . Interior looks tidy enough in the pic's . Always the gamble of the unknown and a scan tool of your own is going to be helpful . I bought a car with airbag light on and a few other noted faults from going to the agent for a wof . Air bag light going on was cause by a clasped seat roller as far as i could tell , about $13 for the roller and $40 to have air bag light reset . So called major oil leak was a $30 oil pressure sender . The claimed steering rack bushes that needed replacing ( called agent and they ask who diagnosed the fault , i say you guys . Get put through to parts dept and they ask who diagnosed it , i say you guys . Parts guy says he will pull up the file and get back to me . Never hear from them again ) steering rack ends was what the problem was so no great expense but did require wheel alignment after replacing parts .If you don't mind a gamble and can afford to take 2g on the chin roll the dice Kev . Make sure you take a can of fuel with you as it looks like bugger all in the tank . Good luck

kevlight, Dec 24, 3:02am
thanks it appears to be a nice car ,but have taken advice and stayed away ,will save some more pennies and buy one that's up and running ,thanks Kev