Oil change

Page 2 / 2
loud_37, Jul 10, 9:45pm
When you have to much oil in the sump this causes the crank to go through the oil which increases drag and stress on the internal components, it also turns the oil in to a froth which is not good for the oil pump. A little less oil can also increase horsepower as theres less drag.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 10, 10:56pm
A modern car is especially prone to expensive problems from overfilling as it can damage your catalytic converter. Some even have special stickers now by the filler to tell you this.

strobo, Jul 11, 12:59am
Sadly today the motor trade is full of them ,I often hear words like " all good" ,"pretty much","she'll be right on the day" ,the eyeometer ,hamometer ,They are too lazy to use the right tools on the job ,cracking wheel bearing lock nuts off with cold chisels is one of many that I find annoying .They are just a bunch of blardy munters.Needless to say what generation they come from.messy as hell ,sloppy at home running mums & dads down hill and they bring the same attitude to the workplace and think it's normal.!
Maybe those misfits ,failed wanabe mechanics are now working in places like oil changers ,just another venue for their path of destruction.

hakatere1, Jul 11, 9:02am
I knew a lady grease monkey once, blonde, who always put in 710 litres of oil.

apollo11, Jul 11, 9:05am
Please be gentle with that joke, it's an antique.

kazbanz, Jul 11, 10:11am
campmother-In your owners handbook how does it tell you to check your oil ?
No im not being a smart alec. its just that in some cases the oil needs to be checked cold some hot etc.

campmother2002, Jul 11, 3:17pm
Hi guys thanks for your replies , got my soninlaw to lower the level don't like asking for help all good now cheers

headcat, Jul 11, 5:33pm
Trouble is that we know what a guarantee is worth these days.

gammelvind, Jul 11, 5:40pm
Well done 👍

bryshaw, Jul 12, 8:22am
Even franchise dealers slightly overfill, by maybe 5ml.

loud_37, Nov 27, 7:12am
5ml is different to 5mm (as in OP's case is was 12mm which could be up to 1000ml)