Found Beside the Road.

trogedon, Aug 6, 8:36pm
Some years ago I was cycling beside a bushy riverbank when I saw a motorbike lying there. I stopped and recognised it as a Suzuki RF400 - minus engine, exhaust and tank. It had no rego plate. When I got home I rang the Police. They weren't interested as it had no plate so apparently untraceable. I rang the council - they said they'd regard it as waste and would take it away. I said what if I took it away? It was a grey area but basically I could. That night I got a friend to help me remove it. I took some photos and listed it here for $800. A guy and his dad came over fairly soon after. He'd damaged his frame and needed one. He was umming and arring but his dad knew it was exactly what they needed. Generous guy I am I let them have it for $750. Win/win.

trogedon, Aug 6, 8:36pm
You've found.

poppy62, Aug 6, 9:07pm
The rubbish is enough to make me avert my gaze away from the drains.

friendly_prawn, Aug 6, 9:08pm
I always remember a story about some wasted dude pulled up in his car, takes his pounds of dope out of the boot to do something. Then takes off leaving it on the side of the road. Cops came along and spotted stuff on the side of the road. Checks it out. Pounds of weed. Nek minut some dude turns up looking for his herb. True story. And yeah, he got arrested.

tshop, Aug 6, 9:42pm
I inherited the best V8 ever made howsat!

trogedon, Aug 8, 5:38pm
You've got a Lexus then.

skull, Aug 8, 6:24pm
I'm keeping my eyes open for a BMW that's going to be sent off a cliff, I'll let you know if I find it.

marte, Aug 9, 11:32pm
Crimewatch circa '94. A random found it. No arrests made afaik.

Passenger "Hey, i need a leak"
Driver, [hands him some leeks]

the-lada-dude, Aug 10, 8:05am
Haha, nice thinking , The crying baby will give the exact launch location, while the mother struggles up the cliff face, sporting some nasty abrasions

friendly_prawn, Oct 30, 4:11pm
re arrests. I remember it different. But then my memory is shit. So I'll take your word for it. I know not to trust my memory.