Business Insurance for using vehicle as delivery

extrayda, Oct 26, 4:16pm
Hi,
Does anyone have an idea on how much it would cost to add business use cover for an 18 year old doing food delivery using his own car?

He currently has 3rd party fire and theft.

Would just require insurance to cover any damage he might do while engaged in business use of vehicle.

extrayda, Oct 26, 7:18pm
He is just looking at options, so I was after some rough idea as to the likely cost e.g. $60 or $600 extra per year?

atom.ant, Oct 26, 7:31pm
I use to use my car for work. 3rd party F+T. I'm a bit older than 18, 40 when I did it. Cost me a extra $10 a month. Best you ring the insurance co and find out. That will be the only way you will know for sure

extrayda, Oct 26, 8:03pm
Cool, thanks for that, good to have an idea. If he gets serious about it, he can ring the insurance company and find out for sure. Thanks !

mrfxit, Oct 26, 11:18pm
Generally from what I have seen before, if it's only a small amount of the overall driving thats involved in the business work, then as long as insurance is told about it & he has a clean record, then it's probably going to be ok as is on his private insurance.

elect70, Dec 13, 7:05am
For commercial use I dont think they do 3rd party only insurance .need full cover . but talk to to several cos some dont do commercial at all .