QR25DE Nissan Presage Maintenance Schedule

jono2912, Jul 27, 10:10pm
Does anyone know where I can get a maintenance schedule for QR25DE? Can't find one anywhere.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 27, 10:46pm
How many km's on it?
Also which vehicle is it in.

intrade, Jul 27, 10:46pm
well best 6 month or 7500km with good oil SN or sm nothing below should be used in 2018

thejazzpianoma, Jul 27, 10:49pm
This is likely close. But if you give the application I can check to see if it's teh same.

http://www.nissan.co.nz/-/media/nz-media/files/brochures/maintenance/l33_nz-maintenance-interval.ashx?la=en

Also. if yours has 100'000km on it or more it's time to get rid of it. If you insist on keeping it and it isn't already using excessive oil you might be able to save it by gutting the catalytic converter. I wouldn't use anything except fully synthetic oil in it in the hope to avoid the usual catastrophic failure due to catalytic converter breakdown and ingestion.

jono2912, Jul 28, 10:26am

https://carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=LFj768
Nissan Presage 2006

jono2912, Jul 28, 10:26am

thejazzpianoma, Jul 28, 10:36am
That should be great oil Jono, sorry to be the bearer of bad news on those engines it gives me no pleasure at all, but better to know and have opportunity to do something before it becomes scrap value.

Chances are you have a little bit of milage left in it. Run it on at least 95 Octane if not BP Ultimate 98 and never Gull fuel as it's designed for and that will help too.

My advice is just quietly look for an opportunity to upgrade and keep a really close eye on the oil levels. It will start to use quite quickly when it does and at that point you want to bail out really fast.

You might get lucky but eventually, most tend to fail due to this well known fault. As above, if you are otherwise absolutely in love with it and it's using no oil you could consider having the catalytic converter removed and gutted. Cutting it out is not really an option as it's part of the manifold which is actually the cause of the issue.

Best of luck with it. If you do decide to change, feel free to hit me up as a sounding board for something more reliable next time. Something like a Mercedes Vianno which is based on their commercial Vito Van might be a better fit. Those things are designed to do over a million km, service requirements are very low being a commercial base and parts are surprisingly cheap.

Best of luck.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 28, 10:42am
ALSO. super important and I almost forgot. Loctite your intake butterfly screws. If you google this you will no doubt find videos and other instructions on it. Easy enough to do but do it asap. A Nissan performance website might be able to sell you a catless header which would solve the other issues, I am not sure on cost though as freight could kill it.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 28, 10:48am
Some good news! I just had a quick look on ebay. A Nissan Altima stainless steel racing header (as in no cat) can be had for just $200 delivered to your door in NZ.
You would want to check that it's going to work on the Presage with minimal adjustment but there is a pretty good chance it will. Someone may have even done it if you research but Presages are a bit of an orphan globally so it's hard to know.
Your old manifold and cat may also have some value either as scrap or as a replacement for someone who is trying to keep their one alive. Best of luck with it.
Tip for next time. maybe don't buy a car who's name translates to mean "Omen".

kazbanz, Jul 28, 1:45pm
Change the oil and filter NOW.
Change the transmission oil NOW ?
Check the air filter change if needed.
If its a freshie from Japan then the brake fluid will have been recently changed and its likely the coolant has been too.But worth checking
Then change the oil/filter every 10000km and tranz is every 100000km

the-lada-dude, Jul 28, 5:02pm
Your model will probably have to engine coolant thermostats, Replace BOTH of them for 84 deg open temps, and you will have no cyl head problems and as kasbanz says

electromic, Nov 10, 4:47pm
OP, I would fit a new set of sparkplugs as well. They might still be the originals, I usually change them at 100,000km and use ngk iridium on nissans.