2010 maxima 350L fob activated functionality

bigsteve10, Aug 18, 4:11pm
Hi there, would anyone know where to find what functions can be programmed to be remote activated for the 2010 maxima. Also, which functions can be programmed without the need to take the car to Nissan. Cheers

intrade, Aug 18, 6:40pm
well. that would mean you need the hardware to Do the task the factory tool can . I dont know about nissan , i dont know eaven the functions you talk about . but on vw you can do it with rosstech-vcds.
Turning on the function on a vw will then lead to error codes if the items you turn on are not actuarly phisically present . like daitime running lights to name one example.
So you can see a lot more info is required as to what you actuarly want to do.
Nissan consult would be the factory tool but china clones usually can do only some stuff and its pot-luck if the tool works and what software will come with it.

bigsteve10, Aug 18, 7:50pm
All I want programmed is the indicators to flash on unlock and for the windows to be able to be remote up and down with fob

intrade, Aug 18, 8:13pm
did you try keep holding the unlock button pressed? my passat winds down all windows if i doo that. it also winds all up if i lock it and keep it pressed .

bigsteve10, Aug 19, 7:54am
Yeah I’ve tried all those tricks and it’s a sitting duck. And needs programming. Some of my years vehicle with the same fob can have remote engine start too, which would be fantastic, but again YouTube tutorials show me a sitting duck.
I went to my local Nissan dealer yesterday and they said it could be $60-$100 just to have those 2 settings changed. Bugger that.

intrade, Oct 22, 5:52pm
well the tools cost money you will have to by and install the china clone software most probably more expensive then 60 to 100$
tools and software cost are in the tousends of dollers. for vag odis its 3500 bux per year to have all info . and volkswagen are one of the lowest cost wise GM and honda are also amoung the lower end.
Most highest extorionate ammount is what mercedes ask. 25 grand for the hardware and then yearly subs on top of it .
My launch scantool could have the special function in the menue or not. if it really needs programming then only factory tool will do and in most cases only via direct conection to the vehicles manufacturer via internet. to prevent frawd if you know what i mean.
With china clones you might or might not get the software to do what you want.
i got me a op-com for the holdon-asstra. op com full tool 4500$nz can do the recoding of the ecu pin read.
However my china clone for 35$ can do a lot including reading the dump from the instrument cluster and change milage on the instrument.
But the ecu pin read nothing happend when i try that.
So 35$ gone not really to waste as it does comand the door locks open and shut as where my launch scanner just comes up with a counication error. So i know it is the launch software and its comanding and not a fault with the car. Well was sortof obvious as the doors worked.
But imagin if the doors did not work and i get a comunication error and dont have a knowen good tool to try so well the 35$ was worth it for what it can do. its also ultra fast updating pids and has flight recorder might come in handy to record sensors dropping out on opel products one day.