Help with mitsi pajero exceed nm 2002 petrol auto

purplegoanna, Jul 8, 1:51pm
My best friends car crapt itself whilst doing me a favour now I'm trying to help get sort it but I want to be correct with what Im talking about before I ring a wrecker, on the trip we had to get the rear diff seal replaced as the guy assumed it was leaking from the seal, that got us home 400kms but 10days later it's leaking again, new mechanic
says it's needs a new diff the drivecast casing is stuffed, this is all like speaking Russian to me but I've found six of the same vehicle at the wreckers, so I don't sound like a complete numpty exactly what parts are req to fix this?

supernova2, Jul 8, 8:12pm
Unless you are going to do the repair yourself i suggest you just let the mechanic find the parts he needs. That way should anything go wrong with the job you don't get into the problem of who's going to sort out the problems.

rctr, Jul 8, 10:26pm
Where is it leaking pinion seal or axle seal. They are common for axles to pop out there is a modified axle that has longer face to seal on and larger circlip

mack77, Jul 8, 10:46pm
What "rctr" says is correct, although I am led to believe that this is more likely to happen on NM Pajero's that have a lifted rear suspension.

purplegoanna, Jul 8, 11:20pm
I'm just doing the legwork, mechanic is doing the rest

purplegoanna, Nov 30, 9:06pm
"Not sure, it has a pin inside that he said was broken, and the inside is worn, ill check it tomorrow on the receipt"