Light Truck tyres or not on a 2007 Mercedes Viano

j_fung9007, Aug 9, 8:00pm
Hi all,

just bought a 2007 2.2L diesel Viano. The previous owner had half Light truck tyres and half passenger tyres. Two of the tyres are quite worn and I'm not sure if I should upgrade the whole lot to Light truck tyres or passenger ones?!

The vehicle will mostly be used for transporting kids to school but we do lived on a farm, therefore we do tow a few things from time to time. During summer time we do tow our pop top caravan to places.

Just wondering if its recommended to have Light truck tyres fitted on the Merc?

aredwood, Aug 9, 8:22pm
Definitely the light truck tyres. I have Maxxis Vanpro tyres on my 2002 Vito. They have a really deep and wide tread. So good grip on soft ground and they will last for ages.

intrade, Aug 10, 5:13pm
definetly LT 8 ply etc. get blacklion or jinyu if you want top quality at lowest cost.

intrade, Aug 10, 5:16pm
i had been sold minerva tyres on my mb140 and they bolged out after 3 month and the whole van started pulling hard to one side because of the tyre about to explode due to delamination it gotten from gravel road only 2 km here . Right now i got jinyu and some tyres of a Amarok vw on the van all heavy duty No more problems

j_fung9007, Aug 10, 8:13pm
Are they quite noisy comparing to passenger tyres?

intrade, Aug 10, 8:16pm
well i cant tell because my mb 140 is a noisy mother . and the jinyu is on the rear . you can inquire to have the most silent profile . you then just cant choose if its gona be the cheapest tyre .

intrade, Oct 30, 2:14am
taupo is where my naigbor in taumarunui ,the dracula got his blacklions for his skiline from. SSA is the importer parlmerston north has a ssa wheel outlet otherwise importer is east tamaki auckland.
http://ssawheel.co.nz/