Nissan Dualis, or Mitsubishi ASX

bill1451, Aug 10, 8:49pm
looking for a mid size SUV for her indoors, reviews on the Nissan are not very complimentary, your views please.

msigg, Aug 10, 9:07pm
I like the look of the ASX, the dualis is slightly bigger, they both go good, plenty of nissan dualis around, not so many ASX, I have driven both for a short run, Depends what year or how late a model, each to their own, both reliable and same economy, so take both for a good run and see what suites your style.

dutch9, Aug 10, 9:23pm
I have a ASX 2017 2000cc . Drives nice and easy to get in and out off as I`m tall . Great reversing camera and good driving position and good fuel economy . Some tire noise on coarse tar sealed roads. Good size for parking and shopping . Rated one of NZ most reliable cars by AA.
Sorry not driven or been in a Nissan Dualis.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 10, 9:39pm
Don't forget to try the Seat and Skoda's as well, they are horribly under rated in NZ and speak for themselves when you check the spec and drive them. I would avoid the Nissan, post French takeover the Nissan range is severely lacking in the quality department. Especially when it comes to transmissions.

bill1451, Aug 10, 9:53pm
ALSO LIKE THE look and size of the i30 Hyundai 1.8 petrol or 1.6 diesel

haylee111, Aug 10, 10:11pm
I bought myself a Dualis in January, really happy with it, great car. Haven't had any problems with it at all, mine's a 2010. I test drove lots of similar size and shape cars and liked the Dualis the best, really happy with my choice.

rovercitroen, Aug 10, 10:16pm
Am driving a Mitsi ASX rental done 6000 kms around Queensland at the moment. 2 litre FWD, goes OK. CVT gearbox seems well set up. Steers and rides well, reasonably quiet on the road. I think its a car alot of people would be happy with. Average of 6.5 litres/100km during mostly open road driving, running smoothly on 91 octane fuel.

murrayfalconer, Aug 11, 1:06am
Brother looked at those plus new Kia but found all gutless (around Dunedin hills). Went with the ASX diesel (2017) just to get the extra power which also has climate aircon (petrol didn't ASX) and selectable 4wd. Raves about it being the right decision to have the extra power. He bought new and intends to hold so 10 year warranty mitigated any DPF diesel engine concerns. The Nissan was the quieter and softer vehicle so maybe a better city only suv but my brother drives between Dunedin and Invercargill occasionally and the 4wd also held the road better at those speeds.

dutch9, Aug 11, 8:03am
Diesel fine for open road use but wouldn`t use one for a around town car plus having to pay road user fee`s. Petrol motor services once every year or 15.000 kms Just my opinion.

rovercitroen, Aug 12, 6:59pm
Update. Last couple of days of higher cruising speeds of 105 - 115 km/hr has seen the fuel consumption worsen to 7.3 litres/100 km.

msigg, Oct 28, 8:54am
yes above, the fuel economy figures are not achieved at higher speeds, best economy for most vehicles is 80 - 90 kph, faster then too much wind resistance.