SUV for very tall family

Page 2 / 2
kam04, Sep 2, 4:26pm
I have a Highlander and I find it more than adequate room wise. I am just over 6ft and have plenty of room and the seat isn't set right back. Ok, it's a 3.5ltr, 6 cyl so of course it's going to use more fuel than a 4 cyl but when it comes to comfort and handling, I find it ticks most boxes. It all comes down to what your individual tastes are. You will get some very good advice on here but it doesn't matter what you buy there will always be someone who will say it's a piece of shit.

bergkamp, Sep 9, 9:03pm
OK another 180 and we finally purchased the Qashqai and couldn't be more happier .
IMO at nearly 6'6" the Qashqai is big enough for me and small enough for my short partner , 31k new .

3tomany, Sep 9, 9:54pm
Well done not my choice but not a bad choice. Happy motoring.

3tomany, Sep 9, 9:56pm
Forgot to say thanks for getting back most do not big tick for you on that one.

bergkamp, Sep 9, 10:15pm
yeah i was thinking that . its for all those ppl who dont really know much about cars and just want to hear it from the horses mouth

absolutely blown away by the technology after being used to the very basics for so long , and loving it - hands free , cruise control ,fuel economy etctec - simply fantastic stuff - not to mention that the engine actually responds when you need it to and hugs corners

one thing i learnt was that there are 100s of reviews online , if one quickly looks at 5 or 10 of them you can usually find a good average rating and common denominators popping up

stevo2, Sep 10, 6:28am
Good vehicle but how do you get on with the lack of rear legroom as you pointed out in post #29?

bergkamp, Sep 28, 7:12pm
Upgraded to higher quality car seats that see the kids sit far more upright .

took the car on a long drive in the weekend , no kicks or complaints from the back and i was actually able to fully stretch out and wrap my toes around the steering column , very comfortable .