Country road speeding

Page 1 / 2
mrfxit, Sep 12, 8:01am

saxman99, Sep 12, 8:12am
Lucky boy.

budgel, Sep 12, 11:02am
Faaark! At least he kept steering instead of just braking.

bill-robinson, Sep 12, 12:39pm
that country road,, as you put it, is in better condition than most of SH 1

mrfxit, Sep 12, 12:56pm
Still pretty winding & high sided.
You could hear his tyres chirping from an estimated 60mph so was hitting the anchors as hard as he dared.

Dirty undies for sure.

bitsy_boffin, Sep 12, 1:01pm
Hopefully that close call makes him rethink screaming down windy obstructed country roads at between 80 and 130 Miles an Hour (130-210 KM for we metrics).

desmodave, Sep 12, 1:05pm
Just proves their number wasn't up yet . You don't have to be speeding for that type of thing to happen . Rider dealt with it well i reckon . Any1 pick the bike , just a screaming japa to me but would like to confirm the brakes being abs or not . I'm guessing no abs anyway , just good brake control .

budgel, Sep 12, 1:08pm
I saw Honda on his tailsection, I'm thinking maybe a 600 going by the pitch of the engine.

pauldw, Sep 12, 1:18pm
I seem to recall a story years ago about a NZ rider putting miles on a Castrol 6 hour bike sticking it through the side of a caravan in similar circumstances.

desmodave, Sep 12, 1:23pm
Thinking the same .

a.woodrow, Sep 12, 6:18pm
Honda cbr600rr going by the description of the video

serf407, Sep 12, 7:19pm
Did the bike gain some square wheels after hitting the kerb?
On a number of UK country roads, speed humps are put about the place to reduce this kind of riding.
Uk appears to have genius traffic dep staff.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/09/speed-bumps-could-disappear-uk-roads-part-new-plan-cut-pollution/

intrade, Sep 12, 8:30pm
there was a guy who posted videos about riding like a moron and posted videos then it stoped and a guy had died in a crash in the media who asked the question if that was the youtuber . since that guy died no more videos.

stevo2, Sep 12, 8:54pm
You are talking about "Ghostrider"
He had some awesome Youtube videos where he would go out looking for the Rozzers and lead them on a chase.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kBLICH51rs

trouser, Sep 12, 8:56pm
Ghost rider? He was mad af.

jazzbass, Sep 13, 2:08pm

purple666, Sep 13, 3:00pm
Great bit of ridding that's for sure.

rainrain1, Sep 14, 6:32pm
Like to see him try it on a real country road. on gravel in other words!

noswalg, Sep 14, 9:29pm
pretty certain Patrik Furstenhoff was at least partly responsible for those vids, theres some vids on YouTube of him setting legitimate wheelstand records on a very similar Turbo Busa, still alive as far as I know but heat probably got to much!

noswalg, Sep 14, 9:31pm
The Black Prince doing the Paris ring toad in peak traffic was another madman

rsr72, Sep 15, 10:33am
Note the very many large left-curving arrows painted all over British roads nowadays, and which NZ should have everywhere on our roads, - incompetent government note.

mrfxit, Sep 15, 11:33am
Sorry guys but I don't find any of this funny or exhilarating.
To me, taking the chance of a high speed run on a great road with the serious risk of being splattered by someone elses stupidity OR. simply doing their job, (wrong place/ wrong time) really doesn't appeal.

It's a very different story if it was a closed road for the event, then any crash's would simply be MY own bad luck / ability's or stupidity

flack88, Sep 15, 12:11pm
He beat Darwin that time a miss is a miss,sure beats dieing in hospital with a tube up yer arse!

bill-robinson, Sep 15, 2:28pm
but who will pay for the paint? and will it last for more than 6 months?

moparpete, Sep 23, 10:52am
Totally agree. have been in a few close calls to which the other party were playing dumb-arse.