What's your worst road rage experience?

Page 1 / 2
eddiedean1, Jul 6, 12:16pm
I had a doozy when two thugs in a truck tried to bump my rear bumper at the lights. I got out and they decided my pathetic physique and zero muscle was too much for them and drove away quickly. I brushed off my 'guns' and got back in my car, pretty damn pleased with myself until i saw a 6'3 samoan fella who was standing by my passenger wing mirror - ready to back me up. I felt pretty small after that

Anyone got any proper stories?

muzz67, Jul 6, 12:28pm
Mean me mate were in a truck behind some weedy guy who didn't go on the green light.

tazcsv, Jul 6, 12:35pm
Pulled out of work a few years ago and a car came flying up behind me and tail gated me for quit a distance, I swear a cat ran out on the road :) so tapped my brakes as I didn't want to hit it, I could see the driver losing his shit behind me and when we got to the 100k area he flew past me then jumped on his brakes right in front, by this stage we were doing around 80k
he ended up with my bjull bar inprinted in his boot and we both came to a stop on the side of the road, my bull bar was hooked over his tow bar so I had to dump the clutch and reverse off it, by this stage he jumped out and was going off his head so I drove past him and carried on and 555 his arse as I herd a bang on the side of my truck, the cops pulled us over further down the road took our sides and sent me on my way, he had split his hand open trying to punch my side window out.

r.g.nixon, Jul 6, 12:40pm
Punched in the face by grabbing a car park before someone else.

apollo11, Jul 6, 1:01pm
Ah not good. Did you turn the other cheek?

r.g.nixon, Jul 6, 1:03pm
She walked away before I could respond. I just sat there stunned. Wasn't expecting that at all.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 6, 1:50pm
I had a funny one. was being tailgated by a lowered XR6 in Papamoa while driving a MK1 Panda. They mustn't have known the road because when we came to some speed bumps I just didn't slow down.

High clearance 700kg Panda just sailed on through. XR6. not so much.

200sx, Jul 6, 2:24pm
Some years ago in Dunedin I was coming down Taieri Road and looking to turn onto Kaikorai Valley Road - waiting to turn right with indicator on - this young punk in a souped up Mk 4 Cortina came screaming down from the Highgate end, and turned right into Nairn St without indicating, and got sideways as he turned. I gave him a blast on the horn, started turning right - and while doing so gave him the bird for a prolonged period while watching him drive down the road. Them, whoomph - I drove over a median hump and hit an old school 4x2 keep left sign. Pushed back the panels on my Datsun so much I couldn't open the drivers door. 22 years later whenever I'm in Dunners and go past that intersection I can still see whats left of the wooden post (they replaced it with a smaller aluminium one).

bitsy_boffin, Jul 6, 2:47pm
Dude pulled in front of me and slammed on his brakes, I was on a motorbike and he was annoyed that I'd filtered the front at the lights. He tried it twice as I remember, I noped out and went up a side street, discretion better part of valor and all that.

sw20, Jul 6, 6:13pm
Used to see this clown most mornings on the way to work. Stereotypical 90s Falcon driver. Doing probably 70+ in a 50. Tailgates, lane changes without indicating. Undercutting people in the left hand turning lane when going straight ahead. General fuckwit driving.

One morning as I took off from this set of lights, another car was next to me and we headed off past Hagley Park, I'm a little faster than the other car, so in comes old mate in his Falcon. Sitting right up my chuff until we are past the other car, then he rips into the other lane, passes me then cuts back in front of me causing me to have to brake. I flash my lights at him and the prick decides to then brake check me, by almost stopping, every now and again for the next few kilometres up Riccarton Road until we get to Curletts Road where he runs the almost red to turn left. Meth is one crazy drug.

gunhand, Jul 6, 6:31pm
Beep beep. Beep beep, his horn went beep beep beep. And we all (well some will) know what happen next.

firefly001, Jul 6, 9:21pm
A car park counts as a road right? I pulled into McDonalds in invercargill, and this "man" who I thought was going into drive through proceeds to play chicken in the narrow drive way on his way out, gave me the finger, backed up, almost hit me. And then got out of his surf, i frantically thought how the hell do i lock this car. He came over to my window and said "you stupid effen b!tch, who told you that you could drive like that ya stupid effen slut". Then I ordered my chai latte. And went home and rang the police as I got his personalized plate. He's probably thinks I'm too dumb to notice his plate cos b!tches aren't as good at driving as him.

kevymtnz, Jul 6, 9:40pm
yeah a few and put some on youtube
one after having to ring police, he bailed after he noticed i was on the phone, had a call back a few days later to say after a number of other incidents cops took his licence for 3 months

berg, Jul 7, 8:25am
My car went into passing gear and we took of with gust lol

rodeorunch, Jul 7, 8:36am
Last week on the southern motorway these two clowns scraping
With there cars.
Started at a on ramp one car tried to push in front of the car ahead
Of me .
I’m not sure why people do this just to get two cars ahead but anyway
I was in the truck and I had left room for the first clown to merge in
So the scarping started down the motorway trying to pash each other’s
Flashing head lights at one another and so on.
So now with clown number two behind clown number one I could see what
Was going to happen.
The front clown jumps on the brakes clown number two just missed the rear
Bumper and I come up behind with a 25 ton truck blasting the air horns
On them.
After that they still continue there scarping in to the sunset.

friendly_prawn, Jul 7, 9:24am
I got attacked a couple of weeks ago by a car load of idiots.
I gave the car in front of me a quick toot to let him know he was holding up a line of cars behind him including me.
He slammed on his anchors. I had no where to go. Nek minut this giant of a man, jumps out of his car and starts heading towards my car.

Not wanting to be a sitting target I jumped out and met him at the front of my car. He took a big swingging right hook at me. I covered up with my left taking the punch on my arm and returned his right hook with one of my own connecting squarely on the jaw which spun his head around. He went down in a heap. Then the car doors all opened and out jumps his mates.
The first one I used a front push kick to kick him to the ground as he rushed at me. As the next one came he ran straight in to a hard right. He went down, lights out. Two left.

The guy I had kicked had got back up and was coming at me again, and there was guy who had circled around the car coming at me from behind.
As the guy in front came at me, I side stepped his punch, grabbed him around the waist and spun around to take his back. A perfect chance to put a choke on, but I didnt have time as the other guy was still coming.

Instead I let him go and hit him with a hard left hook from behind followed up by a hard right which just grazed the top of his head as he went down.

One left to go, the other guy looked at his mates and started shaking. He almost looked like he was going to cry. I looked at him and said very loudly "boo". He crapped himself. He turned and sprinted off in the other direction as fast as he could. I thought of chasing him but then the damn alarm went.

Bugger I was enjoying that fight. Oh well time to get up and head off to work I guess.

bashfulbro, Jul 7, 9:38am
Haha, brilliant prawn !

gunhand, Jul 7, 3:51pm
Hmmm, you are either as old or older than me, or you googled that lol.

kazbanz, Jul 7, 4:05pm
I was in Tauranga in My Toyota Corolla and some idiot in a fiat panda.

the-lada-dude, Jul 7, 5:05pm
ah ha ha ha, good one . but you could have jazzed the story up a bit .

laurelanne, Jul 7, 5:10pm
Are you trying to bait Jumping Jack Flash.

peacebird15, Jul 8, 1:11pm
I was going to a job, had to do it on wifes mighty yamaha jog. backpack full of gear, and my 66 chainsaw propped between my legs. To much stuff and I was not going very quick uphill but the road was to narrow for guy behind to safely pass so I held the centre of my lane until i could pull over. He was on his horn, flashing lights for the whole 30 seconds he was being delayed. I pulled over when there was a space and stopped, he pulled in behind me and got out of his car looking angry. I got off the scooter but of course had to do it holding my saw.
His eyes got very wide, he backed up, got back in his car and left.

jackinabox, Jul 8, 1:18pm
Beep beep. Beep beep, his horn went beep beep beep. And we all (well some will) know what happen next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNMuuLEe66Q&t=33s

taipapaki, Jul 8, 1:26pm
Got clamped, but clamp didnt really get around the big tyres on my 4WD.

Clamper guy showed up demanding cash, but he didn't have a uniform or ID or anything.

He got pretty revved up when I took the clamp off by just letting a bit of air out, but he didn't do anything to stop me.

He got much more upset when I wouldn't give the clamp back until he could prove it was his.

nice_lady, Jul 8, 2:01pm
hahahah well done.