Premium Comprehensive Service. what's included?

thejazzpianoma, Aug 21, 9:15am
What would you expect for a "premium comprehensive service"?

I would expect at minimum what the manufacturer recommends be done, given what "comprehensive" means. Not an oil change and a bunch of checks.

These advertisements in my opinion are getting more and more misleading over time. I might start reporting them to the commerce commission but they are often a bit lack luster about small business compliance.

https://new.grabone.co.nz/automotive/automotive-servicing/p/gt-automotive-31?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=generic-ads

poppy62, Aug 21, 10:05am
It sure is open to interpretation and is open ended. It appears that all one gets is an Oil filter and oil change and the hinges are lubricated, wheel nuts torqued and a Road test. Everything else is just visual checks. There is no mention whether the Service is anything other than the above and doesn't specify whether the service is an . A. B. C service schedule. On that premise then, if a vehicle is due for an A, B or C service then the costs are going to be a hell of a lot more. I think that the Offer should specify that none of the due (manufacturers) schedules are being carried out and that the offer is very limited. There is no mention of a Diagnostic check for fault codes. To the Joe Average this can be misconstrued as a full service schedule and if the car was for sale it could be erroneously advertised as a full service being carried out. I note that they specify Spark plug check and brake shoe drum inspection. I wonder if the plugs are removed and tested, cleaned and reset and whether the brake drums are removed and the linings inspected. I fear the crystal ball approach would be the norm. Anyway lots of $$$$ for an oil/filter change and a squirt of CRC.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 21, 11:45am
Also the supposed level of "discount" I suspect that may also break the fair trading act unless they really do charge that absurd amount normally.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 21, 11:46am
comprehensive
kɒmprɪˈhɛnsɪv/Submit
adjective
including or dealing with all or nearly all elements or aspects of something.

snoopy221, Aug 21, 12:57pm
Pretty damn self explanatory I M O

! QOUTE!

Service Includes:

Lubricate doors and hinges

add washer fluid

Change engine oil & filter

Service air filter

correct pressures

Torque wheels to manufacturers specification

Road tested vehicle

And mentions check?(cheque) a lot

Be a laugh to take a vehicle in with a cam belt with about 5 minutes life expectancy

sw20, Aug 21, 3:46pm
If you buy grab one vouchers you deserve everything you get.

mongolia1, Aug 22, 7:58am
$149 is a bargain for an oil change on a Bugatti Veyron which usually costs US$21,000. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKobwz7wJso

mimik3, Oct 19, 3:47pm
Means they have leather seats in the waiting room, the magazines are no older than 3 years and there is a cheap and nasty coffee machine with matching plastic cups.