Awesome Service from Japan

bashfulbro, Sep 12, 11:22am
Anyone wanting any Japanese car parts, would be wise to consider these people
http://jp-carparts.com
I wanted a bonnet trim for my Toyota Vanguard, which i have tried to buy in NZ, with no success, in fact nobody seemed very interested. i emailed JP- Carparts in Japan, with my inquiry about the part on Friday 8th, finalised the order and paid with Pay Pal on Saturday morning 9th , it arrived at 10 00 am today,Tueday 12th, extremely well packaged, brilliant service , and a very reasonable price.
The moment you mention, parts for Jap import to Toyota, or Nissan, in NZ, they seem to make things difficult and very expensive.

johotech, Sep 12, 12:05pm
Thanks for the info!

intrade, Sep 12, 8:26pm
bashfulbro wrote:
Anyone wanting any Japanese car parts, would be wise to consider these people
http://jp-carparts.com
I wanted a bonnet trim for my Toyota Vanguard, which i have tried to buy in NZ, with no success, in fact nobody seemed very interested. i emailed JP- Carparts in Japan, with my inquiry about the part on Friday 8th, finalised the order and paid with Pay Pal on Saturday morning 9th , it arrived at 10 00 am today,Tueday 12th, extremely well packaged, brilliant service , and a very reasonable price.
The moment you mention, parts for Jap import to Toyota, or Nissan, in NZ, they seem to make things difficult and very expensive.[/quote

Shipped from japan to your door or how?

snoopy221, Sep 12, 10:13pm
The thing is nowadays we do live in such a world where a mechanics toolbox has adapted to the point of the ole damn google .
I.E. Query a part in godzone circa 6 hundy knicker and get a quinton hazell part number from the query and viola 60 knicker and on ya doorstep in a few days.

holden_fan2006, Sep 12, 10:39pm
What an awesome website. I've never found a catalogue website for my older hondas!

bashfulbro, Sep 12, 11:17pm
Yes, i first contacted them Friday 8th, they were very thorough to make sure it was the correct part for my car, they emailed a proforma invoice, i was happy with price, i payed via, Pay Pal, then on Sat morning i got another email saying it was shipped,& gave me a tracking number, it arrived with Courier Post on my doorstep this morning. I thought it was brilliant service. Paperwork says EMS, Japan Post , cost $US 24

supernova2, Sep 12, 11:31pm
I just got a quote from them, in less than 3 hours, for an obscure part for a 26 yr old Nissan. Part was approx 20nz$ but freight was $65nz. It's weight is about 500gm.

Bit expensive but it sure was a prompt system and if it was a mission critical part i would have bought it.

trad, Sep 13, 7:34am
They do not appear to stock Daihatsu parts

david_270, Sep 13, 8:12am
These people were good last year. Currently with a server problem:
https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-catalogs

intrade, Sep 13, 8:51am
Daihatsu is a nightmare there is a guy on youtube who build a daihatsu but it made no sense he went to japan for parts. daihatsu is owned by toyota and toyota whiped out any form of parts or supply for any daihatsu. So i could not quite figure out if that video was actuarly recorded 10 years ago or what as something dont adds up.
Personally i had to import a balljoint from europe because switzerland had the mira 800cc due to stupid cc laws only as some district use cc for how much tax you pay for rego= why a lot of these where sold in europe and europeans have aftermarket supply as where in nz its like a glut of parts and then once its over no one stocks anything.
www.rexbo.eu
s where i got the mira wishbone wih balljoint from.

lespat, Sep 13, 10:01am
Unable to access Suzuki parts

nz_stacie, Sep 13, 8:23pm
so quickly to get from China free trade helps I guess

glang, Sep 13, 11:31pm
I don't think much of their prices, had a look at a few of their Honda S2000 parts - can't buy a complete seat, they seem to break down everything they can, so just one seat bottom for my Honda is $1144US, one rear wheel $669US, a windscreen is $753US which is more expensive than you can buy new and fitted in NZ.

supernova2, Sep 14, 12:10am
Not really surprised. You are seeking bulky, heavy or fragile items there and the freight is going to be the killer.

glang, Sep 14, 1:04pm
The prices I quoted from their website don't even include freight.

bashfulbro, Sep 24, 4:15am
Why on earth would you bother, if you can get those parts in NZ ?
The part i got was not easily available here, i had run out of options and patience with NZ outlets.