Work licence.advice wanted

Page 2 / 2
alfred011, Aug 10, 8:55pm
Just put your sunglasses on and change the number plates on your car ,the chance of getting caught are pretty slim .

sw20, Aug 10, 9:14pm
My store man thought that until he was randomly pulled over on the way to work at 4:30am. He was arrested, processed, dropped back to work in handcuffs, appeared in court and given a fat fine and was then unable to get a work licence.

bumfacingdown, Aug 10, 9:17pm
Pickle me, some of you old farts must have been born old and were never young

extrayda, Aug 10, 9:21pm
I hope your car is RWD, and ideally V8. FWD burnouts just don't do it for me. If you want to be safe, the best bet (if V8) is to drop the exhaust as well, so you don't surprise people with a sudden burnout :-)
Yup, my neck is still a bit red.

myrns, Aug 10, 9:59pm
sunglasses at 4 :30 am. no wonder

payday, Sep 2, 2:32pm
I got the work licence. what a relief
My mum helped me put it all together. court staff very helpful.
No lawyer involved cost me $150.00 court fees and $40.00 Licence

a.woodrow, Sep 2, 2:37pm
Good work, now behave yourself

kevymtnz, Sep 2, 3:25pm
not responsible should not be such thing as a work licence

elect70, Sep 2, 3:29pm
Lucky that was so cheap . must have changed the rules used to do it via a lawyer & cost $1000 . & ^^^ we all make mistakes in life .

sr2, Sep 2, 4:50pm
Well done mate, glad it worked out ok.
Move on and put it down as an expensive learning curve.

xs1100, Sep 2, 8:28pm
brilliant,just follow the rules to the letter and dont stop doing what yr told until you have your license back yr hand.

emmerson1, Sep 3, 5:12pm
Only useful for getting out of a tight park on a damp day. Handbrake on, crank the wheel over and give it heaps. Can't do that in a RWD can you?

purplegoat, Sep 3, 6:35pm
Agreed . but I've never heard of the Feds given tickets for that
It's the muppets who hold the boot in and and still smoking it up 100mts down the road who they are targeting

esky-tastic, Sep 3, 11:00pm
Wow, if you had to pay that much it wasn't a cheap donut eh.

But you got lucky.

esky-tastic, Sep 3, 11:01pm
This!

The key word is 'sustained'.

Apparently.

esky-tastic, Sep 3, 11:02pm
Or a Subaru.

esky-tastic, Sep 3, 11:05pm
Good advice, what could go wrong!

holdenparts1, Sep 4, 4:46pm
Don't forget to tell your insurance company asap.

Even though you have a work license they still need to know you lost your license. expect a healthy premium and excess increase but as it stands they will likely decline any claim on the basis you didn't tell them.

andrew1954, Sep 4, 9:52pm
If you get a work license will your employer still want you to drive his / her vehicles, given your proven inability to be responsible ?
As stated previously you will need your employers buy in for your application. you will not get a work license if you have no "work" to use it on.

sw20, Sep 4, 9:56pm
Poster has one.

justcruisin, Sep 19, 4:59am
payday wrote:
I got the work licence. what a relief
My mum helped me put it all together. court staff very helpful.
No.' lawyer involved cost me $150.00 court fees and $40.00 LicenceI. /quote.

Damn, how'd you get it so cheap dude? As I need to apply-for one too . Over tired first accident i n 30 yrs. and I nodded off

bumfacingdown, Sep 19, 6:57am
Unlike you many people can respect the bosses car but let loose in their own

Anywho OP, well done on the court work, look after the license this time, ignore all the holier than thou forgetful old farts.

nice_lady, Sep 19, 8:57am
Lawyers are theives.