2009 Mazda Axela ISTOP ABS pump needed

bellabaz, Feb 17, 7:42pm
Hi, the mechanic says I need to replace my ABS pump as the brake light keeps staying on and the anti skid light but the part needs to be compatible with an istop. He has been unable to source a second hand part, does anyone know where I could go or call to find if they have a part? I need to get a WOF this month and until it is replaced it can't be passed :( Thanks

toenail, Feb 17, 11:30pm
your mechanic needs to find the exact part number. Just because you find another Axela/3 it doesn't mean its compatible with the rest of your brake system or brake ECU.

franc123, Feb 18, 12:17am
I'd be making absolutely sure that is what the fault is first. I would be wanting to see evidence of why they think that is the case.

kazbanz, Feb 18, 11:15am
What he said ^^^^^^ have they eliminated the other causes?
It is VERY unusual for an abs pump to be the issue

franc123, Feb 18, 2:40pm
In view of how much work is involved in replacing one of those, bleeding it up, configuring it etc, questions like that are plain scary. Hey if there IS a known issue with them and replacement is the only answer (which may account for the difficulties in getting a used unit) then I'm happy to be proven wrong.

tony9, Feb 18, 10:00pm
There is a problem with them. a pressure sensor fails. Some brave folk repair them.

A GOOD scan tool can identify the issue and also ID the pump assembly.

bigfatmat1, Sep 12, 12:01pm
Replaced heaps of these over the years. Dunno what the fuss is all about. Always been able to source s/h ones. Not that bad a job to do. Take out both batteries and the trays and its right there. Takes about 1.5 hrs. And another 1hr to bleed and code