Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

jordani, Mar 16, 9:01pm
What are everyone’s thoughts on this car, please excuse my ignorance I don’t know much about cars
Do they have a cam belt? Would it be a good reliable family car
Is there anything I need to be aware of?

kazbanz, Mar 17, 9:06am
no belt 1500cc turbo. Big inside. SO FAR they seem to stack well against the competition. Im just not a fan of small engine/turbo combination

pauldw, Mar 17, 9:29am
Is that in general or looking forward to them as higher km used?

kazbanz, Mar 17, 9:43am
I just don't know that the combination.--Bigger vehicle small engine/turbo as it ages I dunno how well itll last

vtecintegra, Mar 17, 10:41am
I don't see the value when you can get an Outlander far cheaper

tamarillo, Mar 17, 10:54am
It’s a more modern machine than the outlander, with newer more efficient drive train. It’s not a tiny stressed motor and turbos have been around for ever. It provides a relatively small motor greater torque and therefore off line grunt than a bigger thirsty engine.
Mitzi are having success with it.

vtecintegra, Mar 17, 10:59am
It's the same ancient platform either way and fuel economy is similar the old 2.4 Outlander (despite it being a much smaller car)

franc123, Mar 17, 12:06pm
Losing it in a carpark could be a potential problem. Looks a very dull lets-follow-the-pack nondescript and dull as ditchwater vehicle in the Mitsi tradition. They're getting worse than the Outlander and are going down the track of Legacy wagons 20 years ago in the Kmart Countdown Redshed urban kiddiseat vomit Grand Prix.

yogibearz, Mar 17, 12:16pm
My wife brought a new one late last year after about 12 years driving an XR6 Falcon. So far she loves it but does admit she misses the power of the Falcon and says you need to allow for a little more gap pulling into traffic.
.Only done 3000km so its to early to really know what is going to be like long term with higher km. Its chain driven no cambelts.

yendor, Sep 1, 5:11pm
Take one out for a test drive on the open road. At 100k we were fighting to keep it straight and it made both of us feel sick, took it back to the dealer quick smart.