Gas is to change Hogwash*

Page 3 / 3
harm_less, Jun 11, 6:09pm
Still waiting for your reply to my post #44. Or doesn't that suit your anti-EV agenda?

intrade, Jun 11, 6:18pm
i don't need to proof stuff that you need to proof, i posted more than once in other EV threads how much it would cost me to drive a heap of crap Nissan Leaf on the power. I would want a Chevrolet bolt A P100D tesla or a holden volt. if i was to ever buy a EV unless i get a leaf for 500$ still working Sure as hell not 10+ grand

elect70, Jun 11, 6:29pm
Making liquid hydrogen is same as making LPG both use lot of electricity but we don see them downcrying LPG Its a good idea for the massive surplus of power at tiwai point when the smelter goes . Its to far away for use in the north is;land where power is most needed . Who kows how long before lithium runs out . Isee fuel cells it as another form of EV s . Dont put all you eggs in one basket we learnt that lesson in 1982

marte, Jun 11, 6:30pm
I used 152Kw and it cost me $86 @ 18.32 cents a unit. = $0.566 a unit.
259kw @ $109 = $0.42 a unit.

harm_less, Jun 11, 6:34pm
You post incomprehensible crap like that and then call others retards. That's why I normally ignore posts with your name under them.

harm_less, Jun 11, 6:36pm
I think your Kw/kw should actually be kWh. Your post might make sense that way.

Clue 1 unit = 1 kWh

intrade, Jun 11, 6:43pm
owning and operating a EV in auckland makes sense . owning a ev elsehere makes little to no sense.
Operating a train service from hamilton to auckland makes little sense when its close to unusable and takes way longer and cost a fortune to ride on.
its a joke like anything this government seems to Do https://thespinoff.co.nz/money/31-05-2021/review-the-te-huia-train-from-the-edge-of-auckland-to-the-edge-of-hamilton/
What next a bridge for bikes across the harbour to no where and no pay for nurses?

cjohnw, Jun 11, 7:41pm
Do you know the difference between proof and prove?
Proof is what you need to do to prove you know what you are talking about.

bill1451, Jun 11, 7:43pm
scam scam scam you out of more tax dollars, NZ is but a pimple on a pumpkin, compared to the US and China, biggest polluter

tygertung, Jun 12, 8:42am
What a ripoff, you could get a heat pump for way cheaper than that.

I got a second hand 8Kw Fujitsu and it heats up the whole downstairs in about 10 minutes, and no stuffing around with gas bottles.

Here is some stats on LPG:

https://www.elgas.com.au/blog/389-lpg-conversions-kg-litres-mj-kwh-and-m3

intrade, Jun 12, 10:56am
61 like a heatpump who only heats the air in the room and is complete inneficient unless you have a fully insulated german style tripple glazed house. AS heatpumps just heat the planet if you don't have a house like this. MR olivas explains it quite well on his training videos and also why you buy a 300$ flashligh.
And then 2 year later its broken and won't work at all while you still burn about 3kw power for 5kw energy heat ballpark.
That's not cheaper, thats just wishfull thinking to install a heatpump.
airconditioning , Heatpumps . refrigirator freezers. dehumidifiers= all work on the same principal. Ignoring facts and dreaming of lala land wont heat your place in the real world. Just burn a lot of power if you cant contain the heat pumps air.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFOAhE2BcVs

intrade, Jun 12, 11:21am
I was going to get new windows in my house with flued gas heater = no moisture. The manual talks of putting water in a tray . What it did do is bring 75% humidity down to 60 acting as if i also had a dehumidifier in single glazed house. I also did open all doors to heat the whole house from 1 room, and it worked . Impossible to do any such thing with mains power heater nor with a heatpump that only heats air from 1 room in best case. and its cold after 5 minute you turn off a heatpump= because it only heated the air in that room. = complete and utter waste for any new zealand built leaking house. lets face it 90% of nz are leaking houses it be a anomaly if you get one thats not one. like my one with a new roof is not leaking. its in the 10% of actual maintained houses. But a heat pump i might as well light my cash in a barrel outside . I would have to spend 200,000$ to insulate that old state house with only insulation in the ceiling to make it work for a heat pump.

intrade, Jul 27, 2:13pm
also if there is a power cut all i need is 150 watt inverter and the lpg heater will heat the house. good luck to try and power your heatpump. I done the sums before i do anything i find the best solution.
Originally it had a open hole chimmeney . i did bring a whole banana box of firewood with me when i first got the house and burned it . within 2 to 3h the wood was gone and the house was from 11°C now 14 degrees inside. With firewood costing 160$ and more for a trailer plus the inneficient so called Eco-wood burner and the taxes the council wanted to pay for a install of a new woodburner= I jackhammerd the chimmeny down and closed the hole with a new roof. and used a 2kw micathermic power heater . This one did heat the 1 room in 40 minutes and turned off for 5 minutes . Then i researched what fixed heater to install and the LPG -flued heater made the most sense with cooking also fully LPG.
And yes Heat pump was on the cards but i make my decisions on proofed facts not fictional wishful dreams. With power from the lines company who was numerous times in fair-go for extortion pricing + the fact the house was not built for a heatpump= What i ended up with.
And yes i did got charged way to much for the install as i had agreed to the price+ i had to watch every move they done during install as they wanted to install the whole job in 1h or so for the 3000$ they got for the install. They also wanted to smash my brik house wall with a sledge hammer because they was to lazy to drive back to the shop to get a concrete drill bit to cut the correct hole= i went there my self to go get the drill insert. For the 3 grand i paid abouts for install. But it is how it is Its why i normally do anything my self like all the electricity that was checked and i got code of compliance + i put the roof on just before the thugs changed the law that you cant do without scaffold.