JDM Import ECU readable?

Page 2 / 2
bigfatmat1, Jul 16, 12:18pm
So basically maybe try another dongle.

intrade, Jul 19, 12:02pm
i know for a fact japanese built cars dont comply to emissions for as long as possible= thats why them toyotas are so good for so long the less emission garbage and the less it has to ruine the engine to not have tailpipe emissions the more bullet proof and longer lasting the engines are.
I was going to make a video from a funcargo Who is the japanese build 98% the same as the european yaris-verso
The difference is and i did wonder why a year 2000 japanese built has canbus and not used it. Well it has become clear when i diagnosed the european verso. i had mode 6 emission completing monitors that stuff is like 2012 or so only at a guess in japanese emission compliance.
Now having all that emission garbage makes it more easy to diagnose a fault. as i pinpointed a bad fuelpump with the scantool as where the same problem on a echo-japan-export-nz i had to hook up the fuelpressure mechanical gauge to proof my suspicion

intrade, Jul 19, 12:06pm
that is the obd2 emission room of a multi platform scanner. Launch used to be absolut usless on obd2 emission side and also of 0 use on any vw launch was always good on toyota and nissan . autel wos good on euros like ford with the stolen factory software in the tool. Where ford did try and sue autel and failed.
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/01/ford-tries-shut-down-third-party-repair-tool-copyright

iluvmuse, Jul 9, 8:40pm
I have a bluetooth Obd2 reader that works on a NZ new toyota fine, but I have yet to find an android app that can read my import 09 Hiace.
From what I've read, Obd2 protocol may not be a requirement for JDM vehicles?
All the apps I've tried have failed to connect to the ECU except one, "ELMScan Toyota" that claims to connect but I see no data.

All I'm after is live tacho and water temp, any suggestions?

peanuts37, Jul 9, 11:22pm

ronaldo8, Jul 10, 1:33am
I have JDM Subaru, it works fine. All pids visible.
Tried torque ?

budgel, Jul 10, 9:42am
It sounds more like a fault in the OBD system.

intrade, Jul 10, 10:15am
you are new to this bord?
because i said since at least the last 5 years that obd2 is emission only. and japanese are the ones who stuck to not comply to latest emission rules for as long as possible.
There is 5 "obd2" protocolls all are emission only cheap onhanglow tools only have like 3 or so.
Elm is the german chip maker who was first to bring out the obd2 based on that chip. and all others just made a clone of a clone of a clone.
If you buy something buy something of use not some garbage thats a waste of money anyhow.

intrade, Jul 10, 10:23am
hiace is comercial comercial took even longer to comply to emission law as they had longer global exemption. Haters diss jeep for cheating and buy emission credits to sell non compliant vehicles . completly overlooking that almost all japas also dont comply to latest euro standard that vw comply to since 1996 and when vw ran a wee trick for emissions they all call murderers its all total b$ to try and bleed money from who ever. who got any by governments it was never about the human health.

iluvmuse, Jul 10, 1:15pm
Yea tried Torque without success.
I'll get that scanner if I have no luck with software.

intrade, Jul 10, 5:22pm

ronaldo8, Jul 11, 2:36pm
The usual ignorant bollocks.

Elm is a small Canadian start-up that got into the sector by programming a Microchip PIC18 series to decode LANC and ODB, and Microchip, the chipmaker, are American. Elm wrote elm327, its software.

intrade, Jul 11, 5:09pm
This is the site i got my information from they claim they are the original and warned about fake clones tha was in 2012 when i got my first obd2 from them.
https://www.wgsoft.de/shop/search?sSearch=elm from google OBD Software – Elm Electronics www.elmelectronics.com › help › obd › software

WGSoft has been offering the full-featured ScanMaster software for a number of years. . The Leaf Spy Pro page on the Electric Vehicle Wiki is a must-visit too.
not that it helps much obd2 is only for emissions related stuff . the rest is potluck if you get codes with a obd2 emission tool. usually wrong codes as manufacturer codes differ from each make

ronaldo8, Jul 11, 10:07pm
Elms first decoder was written in 2005.

Your WGsoft are the clone makers. Elm have never licensed their code to any third parties. All such clones are using hacks of the V1 release which had no copy restrictions rebadged up to later version numbers.

What is more ELM can now read up to 8 ECUs on the CAN bus in addition to the standard set of generic PIDS, I suppose you are going to say that all those ECUs are related only to emissions are you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELM327