Passat 2007 remote lock issues & more.

yz490, Mar 10, 10:26am
"07 Passat remote won't unlock all doors & sometimes the boot. Front passenger door was the first to play up months ago & left rear door has come out in sympathy now lol. If it's a lucky day i can activate the remote a few times & the offending ones will unlock. Just wondering if the remote battery might be failing or is that unlikely?. Pretty sure i replaced it once but likely with a $2 shop battery--can't remember as year or two back.
Oh, another strange happening too 'is' the damn hood lining has let go & about to envelope us [well it will if it keeps dropping]. Drove a distance with the drivers window a fraction down, & looking in the mirror could see what i thought was a rip in the lining, but was lining letting go around the lights set in the roof [or ceiling]. Damn it it's doing the same in the front around the ceiling light unit. Think by the time we get home we'll be wearing it lol. What are my options--guess upholsterer or fully remove it. Guess drive with aircon on as was the buffeting from the window part open that did it although not noticeable annoying type buffeting but could see it starting to flap so guess it just worked away at it before i noticed. Thanks for any replies & guess 'intrade' will be onto it.

intrade, Mar 10, 10:31am
watch this and read my comment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS-KNUmt60A

intrade, Mar 10, 10:35am
other problem is broken wire loom in driver door. my trunk unlock button dont works on my 07 passat as only symptom of potential broken wire-s

realtrader1, Mar 10, 11:22am
This is information not to be overlooked: ". i can activate the remote a few times & the offending ones will unlock". This highly suggests too much friction at various points. A tell tale sign can be slow or partial movement of the unlock lever. Remove the left front door panel and look for areas of binding / lack of lubricant. Sometimes a lever / rod needs to be tweaked but look to make sure that everything is able to move as freely as possible so look for anything including the door panel itself which may be hindering the movement of key components. Use something like WD40.

kazbanz, Mar 10, 4:50pm
First -Fact VAG vehicles of that era drop their roof linings. No way to avoid it . it just happens. The fix is to remove it and have new fabric glued to the backing. Whilst apart you might want to check the front pillars and the fabric part of the front door cards as that's next to go.
Strangely the Toyota Avensis of the same era -also euro built has exactly the same issue
OPINION-you need to replace the door lock motors,They are dying.
If you are pulling the door cards off anyway to redo the fabric then sure a good clean and lube may very well "fix" them.-As in for now get them working reliably
But unless they are very VERY badly gunged up the motor should handle gunge unless its on its way out.

realtrader1, Mar 10, 5:01pm
True the motors may well be dying however that may be due to external friction as above and or misaligned levers etc. To overlook this can be to load up the new motors and cause premature failure.

kazbanz, Mar 10, 6:00pm
--That's why I said its my opinion the locks are dying. -been wrong before likely will be again. My opinion though is based on a "couple" of years dealing with car issues on a daily basis.

meow_mix, Mar 10, 7:04pm
Your roof lining is dropping because your car is trying to tell you something, it's reaching the end of it's life, Passats don't last long, next it will be the trans goes and then all the electrical problems these cars are famous for and endless warning lights on the dash which the local mechanics can't fix. Maybe time to trade up to a 2017-ish Passat that you might get a few years out of, or even better buy a proper car like a Honda Accord.

poppy62, Mar 10, 8:11pm

poppy62, Mar 10, 8:15pm
It looks like "proper cars" have the same problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE9bywrWBIA

yz490, Mar 11, 11:12am
ok, thanks for the answers, amusing, funny & otherwise--all good. So just to elaborate, wife drives it mostly but said yesterday--oh, i just hit the unlock button on the drivers door & that fixes it--umm, ok dear. Tried it & it works. So not sure if that opens another can of worms. I'll try another quality battery in the remote. It's the type of key [if you call it a key] where you slide the whole thing in the switch bit.
"meow_mix" (30 30 positive feedback) 7:04 pm, Wed 10 Mar #8-- you're a bundle of joy lol, yes the auto has been faulty in the DSG take up clutch thingy since the day we bought it about 4 years ago--$1 reserve. Have to be extra careful to avoid thumping into moving off. I avoid driving it to town [although wife puts up with it] but great traveling car plus economical. Is perfect & smooth changing once underway. 2 liter TDI 125kw.
Use the vintage "99 V8 Quattro around town [because i fixed it] & not brave enough to go too far from home. First time to town i had to call the AA & they called a tow truck & bugger me it was only out of petrol because the gauge was faulty & empty just under half a tank haha. Thanks all.

intrade, Mar 11, 12:22pm
go in menu in steering wheel and set unlock all doors. this reverts to driver door only on flat battery if i recall right.
dont change language to portuguise or german there lol.
yours be commonrail i got the unit injector and 6 speed manual 4wd. but body-controller will be the same
2007 was the year changeover from pd to cr

yz490, Sep 4, 12:19pm
Thanks intrade, i'll give it a try maybe in the weekend. It's down the list a bit at the moment.