Changing stereo language to english.

sunflower18, Oct 16, 5:23pm
Hi my wife has a swift 2015 does any body know somewhere that can change the Eclipse AVN557HD stereo to English. I am in Auckland.Thanks

tony9, Oct 16, 5:27pm
Google finds many results.

Like this one. https://youtu.be/Q4LtKzPk0W4

sunflower18, Oct 16, 5:45pm
Thanks ,i found some on google but i am wanting a place that will do it for me.Cheers.

tony9, Oct 16, 5:54pm
Sorry, I overlooked your comment that you are in Auckland.

kazbanz, Oct 16, 7:27pm
no way no how. Rip it out and fit a kiwi radio. Sorry l could rattle on the whys and hows but that’s the easy version

sw20, Oct 16, 7:57pm
+1

Yep it's a Japanese market radio. No English option. This is one of the trade offs by buying a Japanese import rather than a NZ New vehicle.

saxman99, Oct 16, 8:26pm
Savage.

sunflower18, Oct 17, 8:20am
I am in Auckland, and i can afford to have someone do it for me.

saki, Oct 17, 10:21am
Try Jonvy, they are in AK, and on FB they also change Jap nav systems to NZ.

saki, Oct 17, 10:27am

cinderellagowns, Oct 17, 10:36am
Touche

kazbanz, Nov 6, 2:43am
Sunflower I promise you hand over heart that what you are trying to do is a waste of money and effort. If you are really lucky then at best the screen will read in English. For your car that's no real improvement. You still won't get all the stations and you still won't get the functionality from Japan working (GPS etc)
My suggested options.
1) an unused second hand kiwi/auzzie factory head unit. These are radios taken from cars when new at the dealership when the buyer wants a fancy head unit. Cost to you about $150.00 FITTED
2) Single DIN radio with a pocket under it decent quality $200.00 installed
YES you could go cheaper but honestly you will regret it because of sound quality and reception.
3) Double DIN radio with Bluetooth usb aux in mirroring from phone (to stream gps) reversing camera $650.00 Again decent brand/quality and fitted.
every option will work and look great depending on your preference.
Just to be clear I don't sell this stuff. I do fit them into sold cars though.