Suzuki V6 timing chain rattle. All years?

ambo11, Mar 26, 7:59pm
Do the 2006 on (slightly newer shape) 2.7 V6 Suzukis have the timing chain rattle issue? Or confined to the older models? Cheers

ambo11, Mar 27, 3:50pm
Also, these in a 4WD with hi/lo, okay for towing? How would they compare with say a Toyota Kluger 2005ish with the 3.0 or 3.3V6? And. anyone know what years were bad for the 3.0 V6 Toyotas which loved to do head gaskets, as in the Windoms etc?

itsafamilything, Mar 27, 6:08pm
Mixed reviews. Some say they are thirsty but then who knows if they are flooring it. Many say stick to genuine oil filter and insist on the correct oil. It seems they will rattle with neglect earlier than some might. Con, it is a complex engine with 2 valves and i think direct injection. Insist on LOW kms with 'to the book servicing and driven and treated well and then do a full oil and filter and fluid change. Then maintain precisely and it may well last but IF it is DI ahhhh well I wouldn't entertain it. Others may differ and that's fair enough if it can be supported well. BTW the H series (2006 on was H27A was an engine jointly developed with Toyota and Mazda though different iterations.

bobwyn, Aug 26, 9:56pm
my wife has one 07 with 115,000ks on it no chain rattle yet but she does get it service every 10,000ks we have towed 5m caravan and 6m boat and she tows her horse float with it too. We don"t think its heavy on petrol but got to remember it is all wheel drive not like the model before being RWD which she traded up from. I have always felt 07 is far better than the earlier model. She wished they still made them she would buy a new one tomorrow.