Toyota 2.5 camry gracia v6 engine 2000 year

whynot47, Aug 15, 6:14pm
Hi guys. Is this engine the 2mzfe or the 1mzfe in my car.
Is this engine an interferance engine?
6 years since cam belt done and 50,000 km.
Am I driving a time bomb?
Cheers

richardmayes, Aug 15, 11:03pm
2.5 litre is the 2MZ-FE according to Wikipedia.

We recently bought a 1MZ-FE VVT-i powered Estima and according to u.s. Toyota owner forums those are a non-interference engine and the cam belt replacement is due at 90,000 MILES on those engines.

whynot47, Aug 16, 9:13am
Thanks Richard

whynot47, Aug 16, 9:15am
So is the 2 litre and 2.5 the same?

kazbanz, Aug 16, 12:50pm
Taking it back one step. Given your cambelt was replaced 50000km ago then miles wise its not due for another 50000km .I can't think anywhere that Toyota recommend replacement for camry's at 6 years
On that basis unless you have an oil leak from crank or Cam end seals I feel you are totally safe

whynot47, Aug 16, 3:09pm
Hey Kaz that is really good news. thanks very much.and I hope your business prospers as You are a genuine guy

whynot47, Aug 16, 3:11pm
A double genuine guy

intrade, Aug 16, 3:19pm
based on that the belt was done 50.000km ago and not just said it was done. every car that i have purchased apart from 1 the cambelt was done when in fact non sip nada had been done.

kazbanz, Aug 16, 4:53pm
Yea good point intrade. --I assumed OP had owned it for awhile.
If not I'd be pulling a cover back and checking belt condition. OR assume the worst.

whynot47, Aug 17, 9:34am
So intrade,
Back to original question
Is this engine interference?
Thanks

intrade, Aug 17, 9:57am
ask france he claims to be a toyota expert.
also you have not said what engine there is no such thing as a 2.0 v6 from toyota
The engine code is written on the tag under the bonnet togather with all other information on y year 2000 camry.
Most camry i seen have the 3s-fe engine

iluvmuse, Aug 17, 11:31am
There was a JDM 2.5L v6 Gracia from this era, like the 3.0 v6 camry. I believe they were both non-interference.
I have wondered if toyota's 5.0L v12 was made from two of these?

whynot47, Aug 17, 12:04pm
Its a 2mz fe
Intrade you poured cold water on Kaz opinion, now you want to pass it over to franc. He is an expert I believe you.
But Id love to hear from you as well as franc, intrade
Cheers

whynot47, Aug 17, 12:06pm
Richardmayes wrote that as well but Ive confirmed it by looking under bonnet just now.
Someone must know this by fixing this engine which broke the belt.

tsjcf, Aug 17, 1:14pm
Thought the 1VZ-FE was 2.0 V6

kazbanz, Aug 17, 1:17pm
yea sorry whynot- I wouldn't want to put you crook.
But its not difficult to loosen up the cover bolts for the plastic cover and have a looksee inside. OR if you are in the concidering purchasing stage then an actual itemised receipt should put you straight.

whynot47, Aug 17, 3:24pm
Thanks Kaz. I like intrades up front style but finess aint one of his attributes

intrade, Aug 18, 10:57am
my opinion is "if in doubt throw it out" and make sure you can trust who ever does work correctly waterpump and coolant is also due from what i seen on immages of google who lists the 1m as non interfearance and hints at the 3 to be also and no sign or mention of the "2" if or not that is bending valves.
i only use geniuen toyota coolant and it pi$$es me off they dont list a standard like vw so you can find a aftermarket alternative. I did run tests to mix "G12 vw -valvoline" coolant with toyota geniuen coolant with no reaction in small quanity test.

whynot47, Aug 18, 7:16pm
Thanks intrade. a gentleman.
Yes I found the 1 MZ FE on you tube and it seems it doesnt catch the valves with the piston. also 3MZ FE on you tube ditto.
Surely the 2 MZ FE would be similar with those same letters of type.
What with Kaz wise words, and intrade caution, and you tube ,and that its not done that many km since done. Im going to keep it and get a mechanic I trust to have a look and see what he thinks.cheers guys

whynot47, Dec 3, 3:51pm
Hi intrade and Kaz. my trusted mechanic has shown me the interference or not doesnt matter. because the oil seals in the crankshaft are leaking oil over the cam belt so its got to be done anyway. So kaz and intrade were both very right and very helpful. Cheers guys