Cars Running Red Lights in Auckland

Page 2 / 3
apollo11, May 10, 1:44pm
I gather you have been in trouble with the law for driving offences, gunna?

gunna-1, May 10, 1:50pm
One seatbelt fine yes, oh and i never suggested fining people in the other thread so quit telling whoppers.

apollo11, May 10, 2:07pm
Sorry, my mistake. You want the things you don't like taxed or banned. You are against traffic fines because they will hit poor people hard, but want junk food taxed, which will hit poor people too, ay. A bit like tobacco taxes.

gunna-1, May 10, 2:19pm
A five hundred dollar fine will cripple people, tobacco was taxed enough along time ago and is now nearly all tax, and it is now banned in cars, so my sympathy has run out, but huge fines are just reckless.

beachboy61, May 10, 2:24pm
Have you ever tried to take evasive action as a pedestrian with a car about to hit you at 80km/hr? Get Real!

gunna-1, May 10, 2:25pm
Crikey should we ban cupholders, isnt a boiling hot substance dangerous when driveing, what if you had a crash and it went everywhere.

apollo11, May 10, 2:27pm
Silly comparison, poor people end up paying far more per year in taxes on food and tobacco than they ever would in driving fines.

gunna-1, May 10, 2:28pm
Oh in that case pretend you are invisible as a pedestrian and dont count on cars seeing you, that rule allso goes for bikes on the road, as they can be missed aswell, i never trust traffic lights or people stopping at crossings, never set foot on one untill the car is at a standstill, its just common sence.

gunna-1, May 10, 2:29pm
In a year, you have one month if i,me not mistaken to come up with 500$.

apollo11, May 10, 2:30pm
Silly comment. Cup holders are where you put the hot drinks until they cool down enough.

gunna-1, May 10, 2:31pm
So you shouldn't use them while driving then? tisk tisk, can the people be trusted.

apollo11, May 10, 2:34pm
Hey you are the one calling for government to ban things.

gunna-1, May 10, 2:38pm
I never asked them to ban smokeing in cars, i guess we wernt smart enough to be responsible about it for people, so are you responsible enough to have those cup holders?.

beachboy61, May 10, 2:47pm
Pretend your invisible - Just shows how out of touch you are with reality.
I don't have time to waste with people like you.

apollo11, May 10, 2:57pm
Well getting a burned johnson would teach you a lesson pretty quick, could we possibly keep our obese, ineffective government out of it?

gunna-1, May 10, 3:23pm
Yea good in theory, but the maker of the cup holder will be blamed for that one, and the govt for not banning them sooner.

apollo11, May 10, 3:40pm
When did we stop teaching personal responsibility and start relying of the gubbermint to tell us what to do?

gunna-1, May 10, 3:45pm
Bloody younks ago, and it isnt set to improve anytime soon.

jmma, May 10, 3:49pm
What is this shit, take it somewhere else please

gph1961, May 10, 5:57pm
uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

beachboy61, May 10, 6:07pm
Thanks jmma,
Hopefully we can have some sensible discussion now.

gph1961, May 10, 7:07pm
. and the dish ran away with the spoon.

beachboy61, May 10, 8:00pm
This post has obviously uncovered a couple of red light runners who don't like discussion on the subject.

serf407, May 11, 7:50am
Minnesota USA. Camera on the intersection, livestreaming to a patrol car down the road.
Put a rear facing radar in the patrol and get the red light breach and exceeding the speed limit double.
https://youtu.be/4SPp1c-5U-I

alowishes, May 11, 8:33am
Nah, impound the car for two weeks the first time then a month each time after that.
Driver not the car owner? - then let the driver explain to the owner how they lost the car.