New SUV - suggestions please

Page 2 / 2
ronaldo8, Feb 4, 11:30pm
For anyone that changed a set more than once it takes about the same amount of time as a straight 4. Its just technique and familiarity. And the AWD is no more complex than any other AWD, just better performing.

Historically was three engine generations ago. FA/B motors in modern versions have none of those issues.

cjohnw, Feb 5, 9:00am
Exactly my thoughts!
The “historically” comments might arguably have been relevant many years ago but is nowhere near accurate these days.
Subaru consistently rank in the top 10 most reliable vehicle makes and, from my personal experience, the servicing (dealer) costs are no more than any other brands.

djrandomguy, Feb 5, 11:05pm
Drive the 3008. 1.2 with the 6/8 speed auto.
Don't let scaremongers put you off, PSA are doing great things.

Best way, get behind the wheel and compare from there.

molly37, Feb 6, 8:15pm
I really do like the look of the 3008 Peugeot. but you don't see many around. Like someone said I'm a bit wary of repair costs out of warranty. Currently have a Mazda. enjoy the 5 year free servicing. Want to upgrade. looking also at the Mazda 30.

kcng, Feb 7, 7:16pm
Yeah i really like the look of the 3008 too and agree I'm a bit weary about repair costs. I did go and have a look at the Mazdas but i really didn't like the look of the dashboard and felt they kind of out priced themselves when i included all the things I really want in a new vehicle.

kcng, Feb 7, 7:26pm
Update.
Finally got to drive a Ford Escape and to be honest was a little disappointed. Drove really well and was very perky, but didn't think it was particularly comfortable and thought it felt quite small inside. Didn't like it enough to keep it on my list.

Am planning to go and have a drive of the Nissan X trails. I've also heard they're bringing out a new Hyundai Tucson in the first quarter. Looking at early videos it does appeal to me, so will have a look at them once they come out.

meow_mix, Feb 8, 4:42pm
Another vote for the Subaru Outback. They are based on the Legacy which is a regular saloon car, but the Outback has jacked-up suspension for light off road use. The Outback offers a spacious and comfortable interior being car-based, and has better driving dynamics than a full size SUV. Subaru takes the Outback very seriously as it is a top seller. Earlier Outbacks looked like jacked-up wagons, but the newer ones have ballooned out in size and look more SUV-ish.

strobo, Feb 8, 7:12pm
landcruiser non turbo 6 paqck end of

strobo, Feb 8, 7:14pm
drive through a puddle just because . no ferkin good

strobo, Feb 8, 7:18pm
yaeah mate drop her in the river and crawl up the bank on the other size , amazing machinary gp plaaaces safari tpyoya wpnt!

s_nz, Sep 16, 6:46pm
Current 4th generation vitara is a lot softer than the third generation and lacks low range.