Tesla model 3 price drop.

s_nz, Apr 16, 5:00pm
$71732 driveway for the base model. (cira $5k drop)

https://www.tesla.com/en_nz/model3/design#overview

Now substantially undercuts the list price of the substantially slower BMW 320i (BMW 3 series), and the Kona & E-niro. Now similar in price to a ioniq electric elite.

vtecintegra, Apr 16, 5:14pm
As much as a dislike the company (and certain aspects of their cars) it's pretty hard to justify buying any other new EV.

intrade, Apr 16, 5:15pm
i am gona wait and see what luise rossmann will say about his, as some in the chat posted it loses 20% charge over night just to keep it alive and phone home if not plugged in.

apollo11, Apr 16, 6:55pm
I'll just keep driving my thirten year old dunger until the government taxes petrol to the point of unaffordability. And in another ten years, who knows? Perhaps the cars will be powered by flux capacitors by then.

gph1961, Apr 16, 7:19pm
one of mine 16,the other 27.

meow_mix, Apr 16, 7:49pm
I've seen a couple of Teslas around town, they look weird and plasticky but at least they do their own thing and don't copy the norms of the other car makers, strange glasshouses too. Can they not come up with some more imaginative names instead of 'Model 3'?

apollo11, Apr 16, 7:56pm
Musk wanted the names of his cars to spell S.E.X.Y. They weren't able to use 'Model E' due to copyright, so the cars spell S.3.X.Y instead.

tamarillo, Apr 17, 3:40pm
But look at it! Guppy.

serf407, Apr 17, 4:15pm
The Tesla price drop is probably due to the Toyota full electric SUV unveil on the 19th April at the Shanghai Auto Show.

Supposedly to be named the BZ4X

https://www.motor1.com/news/501396/toyota-bz-concept-steering-wheel/ ------------------------ I wonder over time how many of these incidences people are going to put up with. Long View, North Carolina hydrogen explosion April , 2020 https://youtu.be/iucbA0FOYu0

buyit59, Apr 19, 2:13pm

smyrnia, Apr 19, 2:40pm

apollo11, Apr 19, 4:04pm
A fossil car has ten times higher likelihood of burning it's occupants to death. Having said that, I hope they can engineer the organic solvents out of li-ion cells. Until they do, I'd be leery about parking an ev close to the house.

3tomany, Apr 19, 6:19pm
I believe the price reduction is due to the cars now being made in China. Looks like most of our EVs will come from there.

apollo11, Apr 19, 7:55pm
I certainly won't buy one then.

trade4us2, Apr 19, 8:36pm
Apart from the danger of fire, the main point is that anyone would be mad to use a self driving car. This is the end of self-driving cars.

framtech, Apr 25, 8:18pm
If you want a good investment, invest in copper shares, because world is running out of copper,, 800 billion tons required over the next 30 years to fuel this crazy greenie change to EV and solar.

apollo11, Apr 25, 9:23pm
I've been hoarding copper for years, must have a couple of hundred kg by now. Dreams of building a metal melting furnace one day.

bill-robinson, Apr 26, 1:43pm
it will last, just think of how many people will be needed to mine it using pick and shovel.

marte, May 2, 8:45pm
Unless you are adding value to the Copper by turning it into something else. Then its not worth doing if you intend to sell it for its scrap value.
They dont want to buy ingots of unknown metals. They don't know what it was, they dont know it's composition & they dont know if its got a lump of cast iron or such inside it.
Find out the scrap yards grading & sort it to suit. Clean ( no brazing etc ) Copper pipe is the same price than #2 . Thats better than Domestic.

apollo11, Aug 13, 1:53pm
Bronze casting, lost wax.