The All New Petrol Powered Tesla

Page 1 / 2
v8_mopar, Nov 8, 11:44am

poppy62, Nov 8, 11:59am
I've known people to run out of petrol too and sometimes it can take them days to get going again.

john1623, Nov 9, 1:55pm
Easier to buy a can of petrol than a can of electricity.

bill-robinson, Nov 9, 2:05pm
and you can carry it in the boot.try and do that with electricity.

elect70, Nov 9, 3:00pm
Seen the new HD electric bike looks flash evidently theye been testing it at Puke seems impressive no potato potato noises though

scuba, Nov 9, 4:55pm
elect70 wrote:
Seen the new HD electric bike looks flash evidently theye been testing it at Puke seems impressive no potato potato noises though[/quote

There is a series about 2 guys travelling up through South America on two electric Harleys sorry not sure of the name.

marte, Nov 9, 10:49pm
I'd invest in a Diesel generator, that way I wouldn't pay Double road tax.

mrfxit, Nov 10, 11:54am
LOL yea, with the increase of popularity of electric cars, theres more & more of those photo's appearing

gazzat22, Nov 10, 2:09pm
Any chance of giving more information.?

gazzat22, Nov 11, 9:40am
A specific example if you can.?

poppy62, Nov 11, 4:19pm
Fuel pump sucking up all the crap/water in the tank and blocking the pump/filter. Fuel pumps can over heat and and fail when out of gas. Then there are those (one of my sons as an example), who just cannot afford to put petrol in their car till the next benefit/wage payment and the car sits on the side of the road for days to come.

nice_lady, Nov 11, 7:25pm
Maybe he could better afford to run an electric car - if he could afford to buy it in the first place.

harm_less, Nov 12, 10:01am
Long Way Up is about Ewen McGregor and Charlie Boorman touring from Terra Del Fuego to Los Angeles on a pair of prototype electric HD adventure style bikes. The support crew are in electric Rivian utes. Great series as the crew get accustomed to the limitations on charging in remote regions. Brilliant scenery too!

bill-robinson, Nov 12, 12:31pm
have plenty of time wasted to look at the scenery.

houseofdad, Nov 12, 12:36pm
You are a very knowledgeable man. I've read a few of your posts, I think we are mates that go way back just quietly.

houseofdad, Nov 12, 12:44pm
Does electricity never go in your boot ?

apollo11, Nov 12, 1:03pm
Regardless of what the opinions of ev's are, it's obvious that that's the direction transport is heading, whether we like it or not. Expect to be taxed higher for using fossil fuels and for ev's to be subsidised within the next ten to twenty years, because you know- climate change. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if private transport eventually became something for the rich elites only.

bill-robinson, Nov 12, 1:08pm
you are correct. we all know climate change can be fixed with more and more tax. we all think it is wonderfull

bill-robinson, Nov 12, 1:09pm
only to the taillights and number plate light.

houseofdad, Nov 12, 2:39pm
What about you brake lights, indicators, and fuel pump ?

bill-robinson, Nov 12, 2:55pm
2 out of 3 count as tallights, they are all together, have you never heard od mechanical fuel pumps? even if it was electric it would not be in the boot.

apollo11, Nov 12, 5:05pm
Unfortunately for bill, the boffins haven't yet managed to build him a petrol powered pacemaker.

dublo, Nov 12, 5:23pm
As it was in the dawn of motoring, 120 years ago.

jkm, Nov 13, 7:58am
referring to the original post. the average kiwi would have a tow bar fitted, chuck the generator on a trailer . and bobs your uncle.

gazzat22, Nov 13, 10:16am
Hardly a "running out of petrol" is it ?