Wof question

Page 2 / 2
ronaldo8, Jan 30, 6:48pm
Ha brilliant. Smart old codger.

2sheddies, Jan 30, 7:09pm
If only more early owners had gone to that trouble, there'd be so many more of these left. Pity as mechanically, they're near unbreakable.

franc123, Jan 30, 8:24pm
People simply don't care these days. There was a whole generation who looked after their gear real well because they knew that replacement was going to be difficult and/or expensive. He would have grown up in the era of Morris 8's and Prefects, importing used cars en mass from another market for reasonable prices didn't happen, and buying new was for the privileged few who had the money in the right places.

stornello, Jan 31, 3:58pm
I'll poke and prod under the car, chassis etc, but exterior painted surfaces, no.

kazbanz, Jan 31, 4:12pm
Thinking about this a bit.
At the point the WOF inspector spotted the rust bubble or whatever it was he probably should have come and spoken to you.
Along the lines of. "hey look we have two options-I just fail it on the rust and you have to take it away for a certified repair no matter what OR I can have a scratch away at it and if its just minor surface then I can pass it off -if its holey then its got to go away anyway."

mrfxit, Jan 31, 4:41pm
Correct but only allowed under video for the physical part OR signed document allowing this to happen.
Theres a few reasons why is was disallowed for inspectors to intentionally "damage" a vehicle from it's current view state.

marte, Jan 31, 4:44pm
I was looking at Telstars to buy one, one had a 'ripple like' stone chip guard finish along the bottom of the doors & in front of the rear tyre. So after the test drive I had a closer look at it, bent over and pushed it with my thumb.

Not even very hard, and my thumb went right thru it & left a 3mm deep thumbprint in it.
Ah, nah, I'm not buying this one.

Surprisingly, I checked out 5 identical Telstars, every one of them was quite different in handling & clutch/brake/acceleration.

franc123, Sep 20, 8:49am
It's either a fail on the day with the required documentation or a pass with a warning. It either meets the corrosion damage criteria or it doesn't.