Save money with an electric car they said.

Page 3 / 3
poppy62, Nov 20, 8:20am
Yes it did 1,2,3, finish prior to that, Porsche Hybrids and Audi Hybrids had been the winners for years. ICE cars aren't even on the horizon.

bill-robinson, Nov 20, 8:29am
well woopy doda to you.

bill-robinson, Nov 20, 8:32am
you reminded me, youare correct they did win with a car that generates power to use at the end of the straight to give an increase inperformance. i presumes tyou menat total ev not a toy car built to excite idiots

gazzat22, Nov 20, 10:47am
Well if certain people dont agree or have no alternative they just ignore the facts.What when these batteries are unusable even in a domestic struation or unrecyclable or horrors the Government starts charging RUC,s or similar to cover the costs of roading?Ostrich like qualities. !

harm_less, Nov 20, 4:16pm
Like I posted earlier: Old EV batteries are a great source of the minerals needed to make more batteries. Redwood Materials are building a business on the valuable resourse that is old Li-Ion batteries: https://techcrunch.com/2020/10/09/why-amazon-and-panasonic-a
re-betting-on-this-battery-rec-
ycling-startup/

You definitely can't say that about used petrol!

cattleshed, Nov 21, 11:20am
Not a valid argument there. The equal to petrol is not battery it is electricity!

intrade, Nov 21, 11:41am

harm_less, Nov 21, 11:50am
Just another article focussing on the implications of charging EVs with fossil fuel derived electricity generation. NZ's generation is currently 86% from renewables and will improve as the Waipipi wind farm comes on stream in the next few weeks. https://www.transpower.co.nz/power-system-live-data

gunhand, Nov 21, 12:25pm
And what is used in wind farm wind mills? Lots and lots of OIL which needs changed quite often.

drsr, Nov 21, 12:37pm
They mostly use synthetics these days, and in any case they aren't being burnt so don't contribute to CO2 emissions.

gubay, Nov 21, 5:22pm
Nice one from Dippy62

sw20, Nov 21, 5:39pm
Play the ball, not the man.

gubay, Nov 21, 5:52pm
Sorry, forgot to ignore the blind self-righteous. my bad.

apollo11, Nov 21, 9:06pm
How would you propose we do this?

poppy62, Nov 21, 9:19pm
Thanks Goober!

poppy62, Nov 21, 9:30pm
I own a 8.2 m Travelair Rustler (3,420 kgs) and it's a pain to tow, it requires a big rig. I also have a 6.5m motorhome bus and a holiday home. But the least problem and cheapest is a Hotel/motel. Yes so I'm blind and self righteous, but experienced. ignore all you want.

tgray, Nov 22, 9:42am
Despite my friends enthusiasm for hybrid/electric cars and the fact I have driven many of them, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in owning one, now or in the future. None.

tygertung, Nov 22, 10:43am
I was riding past a campervan shop the other day, saw a campervan for 90k. You could stay in a lot of hotels for that sort of money.

Also they often park at camping grounds anyway which are expensive these days for a powered site.

sw20, Nov 22, 10:47am
My late father used to say the same thing. What does a good camper cost that you will actually want to use? $90k? $100k? More? You can buy a nice car, loads of fuel and plenty of hotel and motel rooms for that money.

poppy62, Nov 22, 11:15am
Hi mate! appreciate the support, thanks. All three are up for sale, especially before the Greens push the CGT. The Batch alone costs me $5.5K in rates & insurance, which alone,would afford me a decent hassle free holiday.

stevo2, Nov 23, 8:32am
Hey Poppy, where's the bach?

poppy62, Nov 23, 8:58am
Mangawhai Heads

poppy62, Nov 23, 9:06am
If I was on my own, I'd buy a Cabin on one of those massive Cruise ships and live on it full time. 4-6 star rating 24 hour food/drink, and travel the world. Get off wherever I want to and pick it up at the next /whatever port. $150000k-$1.4m depending on the ship and cabin.

poppy62, Oct 20, 10:08pm
Wondered where you were. My Mrs (the real Poppy 62) and I have done the Panama canal, Mediterranean and Alaska cruises so far cant wait till we're free to go again. Cheapest & Greatest way to travel/holiday. 14 nights on the Queen Mary 2 (like a 5 star hotel) balcony suite, 150K tonnes and more than 3 football fields long. for $999.00 US Per person.