4wd lock flashing, ASC off

maxi090605, Aug 27, 3:04pm
So I was backing off on a very steep driveway, then for no reason at all, 4wd lock started flashing and ASC off, then Service Required as well.
When I reset the INFO button, it changes colors back to normal, the Service Required message disappears, but 4wd Lock still flashing and ASC off.
It this a cause for concern? As I'm broke at the moment, can't afford a hefty repair to this.
Was planning to disconnect battery earlier but it rained, so might have to postpone, just to see if everything is reset.

SUV 2007 Mitsubishi

cheers

intrade, Aug 27, 3:20pm
make sure its not in 4wd . now for some error reason .
basically lift the rear wheel off the ground and try drive off if it starts to want to fall off the jack then the front is engaged . if not it be fine to drive in 2wd .

msigg, Aug 27, 3:27pm
Probably needs to go forwards and reverse a few times, would be good if your near metal road or grass area you can put it into 4wd on and off a few times when driving slowly. Good luck.

maxi090605, Aug 27, 3:33pm
the knob is not workin, not changing nor removing the 4wd flashing when I try during travel, so it's gonna be 4wd until this is fixed, right?

differentthings, Aug 27, 4:29pm
I'm guessing you wont have 4wd until you fix it. By the sounds of things it's picked up a problem in the transfer case side of things. There will be a code which should tell you what the problem is

maxi090605, Aug 27, 4:46pm
Code? in the dash?

differentthings, Aug 27, 5:01pm
no you need a scanner

rctr, Aug 27, 6:28pm
Is ABS light on? Could have picked up different wheel speeds due to unevenly worn tyres. abs sensors are becoming a common failure point as the vehicles are getting older. Either way vehicle needs to be scanned with a decent scan tool.

intrade, Aug 27, 6:36pm
i told you what to do if its in 4wd then your going to cause 10 grand or more damage by destroying the gearbox bushings transfer case drive shafts by binding and twisting and forcing it on tarmac roads . costing you way more money then what you claim you dont have.

intrade, Aug 27, 6:41pm
if your in luck you have this system and the coupler has gone open clutch like vw use haldex since like ever .
https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/innovation/technology/library/4wd.html?intcid2=innovation-technology-library-4wd

maxi090605, Aug 28, 10:36am
But it's going to drive off since this is a 2wd front wheel model, right? Doing this puts the tyres in danger of running on both the jack.

maxi090605, Aug 28, 10:46am
Tried this several times, didn't work.
Tried reversing in the same steep driveway but stopping halfway allowing it to cruise forward by not stepping on the accelerator, the engine died. After engine restart, it was making a loud sound when changing gear from park to reverse, then the reverse won't engage with power on reverse in that steep hill, only allowing to move. Tried alternating gears, then drove off, tried reverse on normal plain, there was no power, like it was struggling to reverse already, even when changed on drive mode, but fully stepping on pedal made it move gradually and started to accelerate with power. Backed off again on the steep driveway, this time no problem with power, but still, the flash warnings didn't go away, including the Service Required.

Tyres are even, have replaced the four with Yokohama last month.

mack77, Nov 29, 5:06pm
What is the model name of this Mitsubishi?