2003 e320 mercedes

reggienz, Aug 2, 12:10pm
220,000 K's good condition and drives well and well cared for $3000. Worth buying for a nice runabout or not?

franc123, Aug 2, 12:26pm
If you can afford to chuck it away if something major breaks then yes.

msigg, Aug 2, 2:57pm
As Above. The price said it all.

tamarillo, Aug 2, 9:08pm
Can last forever, hell taxis in Europe and Africa get a million. But like everything depends on condition and servicing and yes, more to go wrong on it than an eco box.

franc123, Aug 2, 9:35pm
It is surprising what you can actually get for a $5k budget with a Benz badge on it. It isnt necessarily high km scruffy bags of mystery with no service history either, they are tidy well cared for examples that have not had a hard life. You are getting something that's less dodgy than most BMW, VAG or Opel product that you may otherwise consider of similar age/kms.

tamarillo, Aug 3, 8:47am
Ps I run a. 2003 530i with complete reliability an very low maintenance costs. I had a Thorough preventative maintenance done when bought and love it.

rbd, Aug 3, 9:11am
If you can afford to chuck it away if something minor (but very expensive) breaks then yes. :)

franc123, Aug 3, 9:27am
Not everything is absolutely critical to the operation of the car. Depends on what you are prepared to live with (or without).

tamarillo, Aug 3, 10:51am
on some items you may be right but the beauty of these over engineered taxis is that there is a great aftermarket and wreckers parts supply.

gammelvind, Aug 4, 1:33pm
Sorry but the parts for my Toyota cost as much as the parts for my Mercedes and I had more things die on the Toyota. When I onsold the Toyota the new owners drove it for a year then sold it to a wrecker with only 170,000 km on the clock and replaced it with a bmw.

toenail, Dec 12, 12:03pm
its not a lot of money for a car (for any brand) so doesn't really matter.