Tyre or car advice please

Page 3 / 3
kazbanz, Mar 30, 11:00am
Sorry but either your numbers are wrong or you have plastic tyres

intrade, Mar 30, 11:01am
Tyre can no longer be made from rubber tree rubber as the demand is higher then supply. do research about it.

s_nz, Mar 30, 11:39am
All tires have a decent percentage of synthetic rubber (which is a plastic polymer).

My longlife Bridgestones on my corolla were looking to do that sort of mileage before I sold it. 15,000km had consumed 1mm of tread depth (9mm depth new). Sadly despite having decent grip, the on center feel sucked.

Also consider that somebody doing big mileages on smooth moterways, will have their tires last a lot longer than somebody driving aggressively through twisty roads on chip seal.

tygertung, Mar 30, 11:41am
Remember the old Enduro tyres? Poor grip AND poor durability!

scuba, Mar 30, 8:37pm
So lets look at the Original post - lack of traction- where is the first place to look?
state of road ,tyres , weather conditions.
then look at the first six replies.

I felt the fault had been diagnosed no point in adding to the noise and confusing the OP even more. Too many jumped to wrong conclusion with out asking the right questions- common fault in the motor trade.

No matter what trade your in the key is to ask the right question so you can look in the right direction.
With todays vehicles being so complex it is more critical than ever- have a huge respect for current technicians. Intrade has a very jaundiced view of the world but often a grain of truth for his reasoning about the car industry and the customers.

kavebunny, Apr 30, 3:49am
you already found the problem - Firestone
try Hankook good overall dry n wet tyre

franc123, Apr 30, 8:45am
LMAO lets just continue to gloss over the fact that you put forward no questions or offered any solutions yourself other than getting an assessment by someone else yet you criticise others for jumping to conclusions early. The right questions WERE asked sunshine.

franc123, Apr 30, 8:48am
Uh huh.

kazbanz, Aug 15, 10:59am
80000km on a set of tyres I stand by my comment -either the tyres are hard plastic or the km travelled is wrong.