Name of factory white paint for Mazda Astina

zuggle, Apr 29, 5:51pm
Lost the original touch-up tin and wanting the original name of the paint (not a modern equal) for a Mazda Astina GT 1990 series BG 6.3. Would be so grateful. Thanks

curlcrown, Apr 29, 7:26pm
Somewhere on the car will be a tag with the paint code.

franc123, Apr 29, 7:28pm
I had a 1993 Astina import and the code was on a sticker on the door pillar. This may be different if yours is NZ new.

gammelvind, Apr 29, 8:45pm
Is the name required simply for your own information? If you want a new touch up tin made the paint code is what is required as paint names are basically meaningless being that there are so many different shades of colour all with the same name.

clark20, Apr 29, 9:04pm
Mazda Astina GT 1990 UF – Clear White, maybe

zuggle, Apr 29, 9:30pm
Thanks Clark but I think that is the paint car sprayers use as the closest to it. I don't recall the name on the little tin being that. In answer to other suggestions, yes I have checked the driver and passenger door pillar for the paint code and it has only a sticker for tyre pressure, likewise the firewall. The car is NZ assembled.

zuggle, Apr 29, 9:34pm
Yes understood but going for a bigger job than a touch up tin can help with.

sr2, Apr 29, 9:53pm
Ring 'Car Colors', give them your number plate and they'll look up and supply you with the right paint (anything from an aerosol to a few liters).

jmma, Apr 29, 9:54pm

kazbanz, Apr 30, 12:53pm
With kiwi new vehicles of that age the paint code was often on a sticker on the firewall.

zuggle, Aug 15, 6:58am
Yes Kabanz, that was my understanding too (see No 6 comment) so I went back and did a bit of a clean this time and voila - there it is! So thanks for the nudge and thanks too Clarke because you were right - it's UF clear white. Brilliant! Thanks everyone.