Accord door lock fault - easy fix?

dublo, Feb 20, 10:00pm
1998-2002 NZ-new model. Right rear door lock has become reluctant to work, either with switch on driver's door, direct door key or remote key. First noticed it failing to unlock, now it doesn't always want to lock. Obviously power is getting to it so probably lubrication needed somewhere in the works. No problem doing in manually with the knob but it would be nice to have it working properly (like everything else in the car.)
Haynes manual explains how to remove door trim (which will probably be a fiddly job and take me a lot longer than I expect) but doesn't mention lock faults except for checking power is getting to the switch. Is there any easy, quick fix like squirting WD40 down past the knob and into the works? Any advice gracefully (!) accepted.

b3373, Feb 21, 8:31am
Hi. I just did my 2002 crv. Same sort of issue. Like it was sticking when trying to unlock. And then stopped working. 1 hour of my time and a $30 replacement motor fixed it. Similar to listing 2978611233. Door panel was easy as to get off. Lock a bit fiddly, but straight forward replacement.

dublo, Feb 21, 9:27am
Thanks b3373, just looked up that listing. Will get on to the job in the next day or two or whenever "she who must be obeyed" doesn't need the car!

kazbanz, Feb 21, 3:27pm
Yes going in there and lubing every moving part at the contact points with something like Copper Kote or similar will improve its operation. But reality is that its a delaying tactic-you are just easing the stress on the motor. In all honesty unless the motor is made of unobtanium then I would do as B3373 suggests. Because its only a matter of time for that motor.

b3373, Sep 10, 10:50pm
Forgot to say, it might be worth ripping the door panel off, putting your phone inside and taking a picture. That way you will know you should hopefully maybe fingers crossed get the correct one.