Toyota Camry or Ford Falcon

Page 4 / 4
richard198, Sep 21, 8:44am
I don't think the OP was looking for a drag car that "smokes" all the "objects in the rear view mirror that are losing etc.!"
I heard them mention economy at one stage!

scotty20001, Sep 21, 6:09pm
imagine if you spent 4K on a Commodore or Falcon 6 of the same year how much power it would produce.

uhmm, Sep 21, 8:44pm
if you averaged k's travelled at time of death of all cars mentioned the falcon would win hands down. says it all dont it. also add, comfort, power, saftey. the ease of sourcing good priced parts. xr6/fairmont

pcguitarist, Sep 21, 9:28pm
HELLO! Seems there's been quite a stir going on.I'm not sure why people have started talking about superchargers and tuning packages.I do about 40,000k's a year driving so just wanted a solid, comfortable car which could handle the open road and look good at the same time :). So as of yesterday after weighing up my two options (other was a 07 aurion sportivo), i bought the 2006 Ford Falcon BF XR6 6-speed auto, 43k's. Thanks for all the help and comments, very much appreciated.

phillip.weston, Sep 21, 9:30pm
good choice (out of those two), I probably would have gone for the MkIV Mondeo diesel turbo hatch though :P

richardmayes, Sep 21, 9:46pm
Nice car! Enjoy.

bellky, Sep 21, 9:46pm
good on you mate. you've got a good solid vehicle there that will stand you in good stead. wise choice - you will never regret it. amen

richard198, Sep 21, 11:30pm
Well done; just try not to get "smoked" by scotty out there!

rovercitroen, Sep 21, 11:40pm
pcguitarist.What is the ride of the XR6 like! Are they quite hard riding or is it just a firm stable ride on the open road! Apparently the 6 speed auto is a good improvement on the earlier 4 speed auto which I have driven. Enjoy your new wheels.

rovercitroen, Sep 21, 11:42pm
We have a newish Mondeo diesel at work. i have not driven it but colleagues have been very impressed with it in all respects - power, ride, handling and quietness.

phillip.weston, Sep 22, 12:42am
yeah Scott I was most impressed with the diesel MkIV, it is a much much better car than the petrol version which just seems to be very underpowered. I enjoyed the MkIII when I had mine. Even the styling of the MkIV is pretty good.

pcguitarist, Sep 22, 3:25am
Very nice ride.I did try out the 03 xr6 which is a 4 or 5 speed I think, however wasn't that appealing, more road noise than what I was expecting. The 6-speed xr6 is bloody stable on the road, but I still feel like I'm driving it ya know! Good economy when not being too excited.Other than that I haven't really had the chance to really experience it properly yet.

bignzer1, Sep 22, 3:38am
We all know that you don't like Honda's. but please grow up and let people have their own say without your broken record comments. The amount of time I have seen comments made by you that I don't agree with is unreal but I say nothing as everyone is allowed there own opinion so please just be more considerate.

serf407, Nov 10, 11:46am
I think a BF2 or better is preferable to the BF. The BF is likely to have a plastc sump pan on the ZF transmission. The plastic can be be upgraded to an alloy sump pan, something to consider with the low ground clearance of the XR.
BF has a better diff than the BA. XR has better brakes than a Fairmont.
BF 2 has better aerodynamics than BF.
Watch for rust under the spare wheel and other areas with the BF.