Diesel engine failed wof .

Page 1 / 3
the-lada-dude, Oct 2, 3:04am
engine failed smoke test, customer said garage says injectors u/s, therefore i assume this was ( black smoke ) customer also says, never used to smoke ! mmmm,this engine has consumed quantities of petrol 3xlately!the black smoke does signal unburnt fuelwhich is likely to be a pressure problem,worn injec,damaged pump ( petrol ) pump timing,i guess you go for the injectors 1st,any thoughts !
yes, yes ,i know,its just an o'l plain jane toyota2T ! yeah !

mugenb20b, Oct 2, 3:08am
2T is a petrol motor, your title says diesel, so which is it!

a.woodrow, Oct 2, 3:08am
Why are you putting petrol in it!

mark.52, Oct 2, 3:14am
Black smoke is usually the result of an over-rich mixture on a petrol engine. Burned (or half-burned) oil is grey.
Unburned diesel can also be dark grey or black.
If you've been putting petrol in a diesel engine, you've quite likely done some damage.

mugenb20b, Oct 2, 3:15am
Blue.

mark.52, Oct 2, 3:26am
Bluey-grey, then.

mrfxit, Oct 2, 3:28am
SO . which is it diesel or petrol engine!

the-lada-dude, Oct 2, 3:31am
MUGENB 20 bthankyou for seeing past my ruse ! it,s good to see someones on the ball, it,s dieselcause you get really mucky yucky dirty hands if you touch the engine, and i can't get the spark plug leads to fit any where also it's one of those toyota sohc engines that end up with multi piece c/s's when the c/b breaks. A WOODROWit's not me that puts petrol in it, the customer 3x and garage 1x

mrfxit, Oct 2, 3:34am
Blue/gray would be a combination of oil AND petrol

Black = lots of fuel (either diesel or petrol)
Grey/black = mildly excess petrol/diesel
Grey/white = water vapour/ maybe with fuel as well
Blue = oil (of any shade)

Other shades of grey / white /blue ISH, can be auto fluid or brake fluid but rare to see these days.

mrfxit, Oct 2, 3:37am
Going on the 1st msg =
Pump damaged
Possibly rings as well
Injectors maybe if they were already dodgy
Possibly head gasket if run on too strong a petrol mix for too long

mugenb20b, Oct 2, 3:43am
OK, so it could be a 2C motor as used in Caldinas / Coronas and Corollas (along with some vans). There are three things I'd be checking first. 1. Air filter, 2. Valve clearances. 3. Compressions. If all three are OK, then it will be something more serious. 2C motors are known to puff a bit of black smoke at full throttle. Also, is the engine turbo charged!

franc123, Oct 2, 4:15am
F#*k me dead I've never read so much gobbledegook in the nearly five years I've been posting on here.First the OP states the engine is diesel, states its been using too much petrol, quotes an engine code that is petrol, then someone suggests that oil burning produces black smoke, then there is talk about spark plugs leads not fitting!!!!I don't know why you are bothering fixit and mugen.

the-lada-dude, Oct 2, 4:17am
mugen20b : yes you pass the test again! yep it's turbo s/c,and like the
MENTALIST " i know what your thinking "seals,and not the kind in the circus# 1 highly possible as they need replacing at least 2x often as S/I eng#2 is val/ head recession a common prob in this eng#3possible,
pretty hard to find a japperwith lousy comp ( you know what i mean )i think i best have a visual so where not jumping at shadows.

franc123, Oct 2, 4:20am
and so it continues.

mugenb20b, Oct 2, 4:24am
OK.I now officially have a headache.

mrfxit, Oct 2, 4:27am
If nothing else . it's funny translating & at best SOMEONE watching or even the OP will learn a few things

(translating, a la "snoopy" style)

crzyhrse, Oct 2, 4:41am
Well said. Not worth the effort.

mrfxit, Oct 2, 4:43am
LMAO . & YET . you had to comment ;-)

the-lada-dude, Oct 2, 5:05am
yeah me to!( head ache that is. )
this is a CUSTOMERS van ,it is a dieselturbo s/c( 2c or similar )
failed wof onBLACK ex smoke. the eng stops because persons put petrol in tank by mistake !do you think the use of petrol has damaged the pump / injectors. i'm not a diesel kuru , thanks for your advise MUGENB 20Bi notice that you and GADGIT3 are pretty clued up on diesel injectors etc.and thanks FRANC123 for your input, ( not even if you were alive ! )thanks for your patienceeveryone.

gabbysnana, Oct 2, 5:56am
Are you a mechanic! or the floor sweeper!

ralphdog1, Oct 2, 6:06am
Not sure what he is, but do know he is not a Kuru, cause he said so himself.

franc123, Oct 2, 6:07am
Sounds like he might be the forecourt attendant :)

flashgordon_nz, Oct 2, 6:13am
notice the user name.

crzyhrse, Oct 2, 6:16am
Only on the futility of attempting to decipher the OP's posts.

mugenb20b, Oct 2, 6:17am
Like I said, check the basics first. Diesel is slightly viscous (oily), so it's the only thing that lubricates the pump and injectors. You should always use diesel lubrication additive (like Morey's, or Wynns EDT) in older non common rail diesels. Petrol is very thin and provides no lubrication at all, increasing metal to metal contact, possibly causing some damage. Why on earth did someone put petrol in the van 3 times is beyond me. Question: How much petrol is still in the tank! If there is some (more than 10 litres), drain the tank, fill with diesel, change fuel filter (and put a bottle of Wynns EDT additive in it before screwing it back on), bleed it. See how you go. That's just my advice.