Buying from a dealer

bigriz, Jun 12, 8:24am
decided to trade my car in for one on the local car dealers lot, after a bit of negotiation a verbal deal was struck and a handshake for the deal to be done. a new wof was obtained for my car , informed dealer, who said that a bit of work was needed on the one i wished to purchase so the day of sale was moved back a day, however on the day the dealer phoned and said he needed to try my car out and came and tried it. Om return he said he would give me $750 less than previously agreed !no wonder people dont trust car dealers!

toyboy3, Jun 12, 8:27am
Of course he would as he just had to spend $750 to get a WOFon his old bomb that he is hoping to sell you

franc123, Jun 12, 8:31am
and what exactly is wrong with your trade in that you didn't tell him about!!

bigriz, Jun 12, 8:59am
my trade in was as inspected by him at the time of agreement, said he didn't need to drive it because they "they all drive ok"and he was too busy!

tgray, Jun 13, 1:38am
I understand your point Kaz, but if the dealer really did say that he doesn't need to drive it and made the deal on that basis, he really does need to accept some responsibility for that. Condition is so subjective I always drive first before entering into any deals. My idea of 'drives good' is often not the same as everyone else's, especially trade-ins.

neo_psy, Jun 6, 4:02pm
Damn, I thought this was one of those "How much of a discount can I expect!" threads again.