Tire pressure

Page 2 / 2
plponies, Oct 6, 4:56am
If you go too low the steel belts in the side wall will be dammaged from all the excessive, unnessary flexing. What happens when you bend a peice of steel back and forth! BANG and now your out of control at 100kmh and under the front of a 40ton truck. Stick to the recomended rating its there for a reason.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 6, 5:03am
Another excellent point! My father has always been a big proponent of that, I think he carry's a calibrated gauge in every vehicle!

kazbanz, Oct 6, 5:08am
ONCEwas funny -after that it gets boring fast

kazbanz, Oct 6, 5:10am
a trick I use is to over inflate at the gas station by around 5 psi at a servo close to home then check the pressures in the morning with a good gauge

a.woodrow, Oct 6, 5:14am
I know! but I had to ensure that the seed would grow so I did a couple over a few different categories I haven't done any more though!

thejazzpianoma, Oct 6, 5:18am
Dodgy car dealers and their tricks aye! At least this one didn't involve banana skins or sawdust.

Seriously good idea Kaz, my compressor is in a nuisance of a place at the moment so I will give it a go. Thanks!

craig04, Oct 6, 5:19am
Ditto.

fryan1962, Oct 6, 5:27am
When off roading 8 psi in our mud tires.lowest .it increases the foot print of tire

Work van 60 psi carrying heavy loads

family car 40 psi

flybye_in_a_rx7, Oct 6, 6:03am
when i got 4 new tyres they put a sticker saying they'd put 32psi in each. thats 215/45/17 FWD

morrisman1, Oct 6, 7:09am
why anyone but 4x4ers want to run low pressure is beyond me, I pump all my tyres up to a min of 36 psi, better economy and they wear more evenly

alimac1, Oct 6, 7:20am
I run 40 all round in mine at that size

mellisa2000, Oct 6, 7:48am
Why do you want to run low pressures! If you don't necessarily want low pressure, then run at 36psi or more, If you want low pressure then no lower than 32psi.

zoltec45, Dec 13, 4:59pm
Mostly right but 30psi in a 215/40/17! Dont think so- try 34 to 38psi cold