More advice please! looking at buying holden

phillip.weston, Oct 21, 7:36am
eewww.

franc123, Oct 21, 7:39am
only a good PP inspection is going to tell you that, it gives the impression of being a scruffy bag of mysteries to me.

jamstew, Oct 21, 7:40am
fair call. think this is all i needed to hear. thanks!

aj254, Oct 21, 7:41am
From memory its somewhere between $300-500 to get a car re-VINned.

gooddealz2, Oct 21, 7:42am
I think you could do better easily for that kind of money.

franc123, Oct 21, 7:42am
Not on that thing it won't be, its a different ballgame on post 1991 cars.You'd bank on a grand at least before you started repairing anything.

jamstew, Oct 21, 7:44am
yeah starting to sound like a bit of a mission to be honest. might just stick to the subbies

phillip.weston, Oct 21, 7:46am
they say the reg is been put on hold since the rego "lapsed". I would say they just don't understand the difference between expired and lapsed.

treachug, Oct 21, 7:49am
Something about it rings bells.may be way off track here but it may have been the one imported damaged when near new from aussie into Nz. Repaired in Chch - I sold lots of bits for it during the repair. Wasnt too many VP Maloos imported thats all.the owner history would tell.first nz owner surname starts with 'G'

jamstew, Oct 21, 8:08am
hell, small world. am going to leave it i think. don't want to drive a damaged one.

attitudedesignz, Oct 21, 8:09am
Run away from it very fast.

That's not a correct 'Maloo' kit.

VG-VP Maloo have atotally different kit as do VR-VS.

That front bar looks like a mix of clubby and WGR bumpers.

Also where has the Maloo tailgate gone!

treachug, Oct 21, 8:19am
Didnt say im sure it was that one but then dunno.thinking about it, bit hazey but it was def a green VP Maloo they bought in.who kmows!
As an aside it sure needs a lot work, time & money spent on it.

pollymay, Oct 21, 9:52am
Way too much, kind of a pile. Needs heaps of work and they are old enough they need seals everywhere. Diff, brakes, engine, rubber suspension bushings, you name it after about 20 years they start to fail, could go 10 years trouble free with the seals or piss oil 5 minutes down the road.

I've owned enough old cars that by the time you are done with seals and stuff it's a fair bit more than you think. It's not even the km's than the fact it's just 20 years old.

EDIT: It's why I've replaced so much on my VN SS, almost every seal is new now and things needed clearance adjustment. lots of thrift spending and time, it adds up

bigjerry, Jan 9, 4:53pm
I love pic number 4. Like its the only chip so worth a photo.