Any one got a 2002 toyota ist can u show me where

milladejay, Nov 12, 10:44pm
your teather strap bolts are installed!

therafter1, Nov 12, 11:02pm
I assume you mean 'tether' !

I am also assuming that you are talking about the child rear seat anchor !

If the vehicle is a jap import and you are either the first owner, or none of the previous owners had a requirement for a rear child seat anchor then it will not have one and you will have to have one fitted.

For a while you could get them free thru plunket and have them installed locally for a small fee as it only takes a few minutes to fit them. In saying that many of the oddball imports are a bit limited as to where you are able to fit them.

kazbanz, Nov 12, 11:12pm
Milladejay. actually in a lot of jap import cars they dont really have a place to install bolts. If you look at the bottom of the back seats theres a loop to clip the tether hook onto.-this is a generic answer-not specific to your car I'm sorry

milladejay, Nov 12, 11:57pm
we have just pulled the back apart nothing at all there are 3 bolts but they look like the hold the back seats down but have the same markings as the teather bolt.the isox loops separate to the ones we found have isofix carseats installed we currently had the teathers hooked to these which we found to be incorrect.

kazbanz, Feb 25, 9:48am
Millade --gosh that took some readin and rereadin to work out what you meant.
Ok so you have been using the luggage hooks to secure the seats is how I read it. Ok so are they in the right place though!
If thats the case then unbolting the load hooks and drilling through the nuts and fitting the teather bolts there with big washers is probably the most efficient solution. If not then I'd remove the carpet from the back area and see if theres abung or plug close to where you want thge bolts -If you lever that out theres a good chance you'll be able to use your existing bolts and the BIG (50mm) washers to secure them.
IF THAT FAILS--then drilling holes in the correct place is the last option.
The reason Its the last option is that its quite easy to drill inbto something important to the car. DEFINITELY a case of check twice drill once