Cam belt $249 all Japanese cars

Page 2 / 2
phillip.weston, Nov 15, 10:44pm
haha that last line says it all! Good to see you're still doing what you do well Jazz ;)

carstauranga001, Nov 15, 11:15pm
You'll overcapitalise if you not carefull.

a.woodrow, Nov 15, 11:32pm
I've had cars I've overcapitalised on when I filled the tank.

franc123, Nov 16, 6:26am
Any automotive repair company prepared to do a deal like that is desperate for work and/or stupid.Anyone with half a brain will realise that if I order the base cambelt replacement for $249 and upsize it to large and do the job properly for another $350 I'm at the same level (or could even be more depending on the car/engine) than what another shop would do it for that doesn't engage in such silly behaviour.You sure as hell couldn't guarantee the job especially on engines that use hydro tensioners, anyone who is prepared to do that is a fool.I'd predict they will be inundated with ignoramus dropkicks that own old junk they can't afford to maintain like 90's turbo Subarus, diesel Estimas, Diamantes and the like, they might even get a few tow ins of vehicles where the belts have already broken lol.

mugenb20b, Nov 16, 7:38am
Rather do a t/t GTO than f.ing V6 Audi.

ema1, Nov 16, 7:42am
How about on a 1UZ-FE Toyota V8 or even on a 1MZ-FE V6 or similar Nah don't believe a word of it.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 9, 1:58am
Whats your technique mugenb20b!
Are you just slipping the front foward into the service position or are you completely detaching it and pulling it out of your way!

I really like the system of doing V6 Audi's (full front removal), its a slow job but I prefer slow to fiddly. I would never do one for someone who didn't want to remunerate properly for the hours involved though.

I have the pleasure of doing one of these shortly. technically designed as an engine out cambelt replacement, but just possible as engine in with removal of all engine mounts and careful positioning of two jacks. I find appropriate Italian profanity's of some assistance also. Note the clearances.
http://www.italiancar.co.uk/Marea/images/DSCN0665.jpg