Nissan Wingroad. Looking at a 2002 model anyone with any experience of these cars

aster7, Nov 18, 12:14am
Looking at a 2002 model, anyone with any experience of these cars!

mileyfan73, Nov 18, 6:14am
Not the worst car on the road by any means,functional if a little tinny.Their achilles heel is their 'smart' key setup,which is often more hassle than it's worth.The ignition barrel often won't turn,very frustrating!

kazbanz, Nov 18, 8:31am
Good solid reliable car. the 1500 wont set the world on fire but it will always start and run. roomy in the back and they seem to be good bang for buck

thejazzpianoma, Nov 18, 9:28am
Thirsty, underwhelming and grossly over-rated.
Just another car thats over-hyped because they were available cheap by the truckload for importers and they tended to require little essential maintenance before being sold.
You could buy HEAPS more vehicle for your money.

nzmoxie, Nov 20, 5:56am
+3

matt_forall, Nov 20, 6:09am
x1
I hate my nissan wingroad

thejazzpianoma, Nov 20, 7:55am
Possibly because some people want more from a car than for it just to function and be reasonably reliable!

horsepower7, Nov 20, 8:09am
we sel them on our yard and have never had any problems with them. nissans are reliable. most are anyway haha

matt_forall, Nov 21, 1:34am
we have a wagon (nissan wingroad) and there just isnt much leg space and hubby and I are both tall.Also if you have a carseat in the back seat they tend to take up alot of room.There isnt much space considering its a wagon you'd think you would get more space.

matt_forall, Nov 21, 1:36am
Yes you are right on that which is how we ended up with our nissan.Our only problem is the space.Our nissan has done almost 250ks and its still doing well.

vtecintegra, Nov 21, 1:36am
Surely that should have been obvious before you purchased it!

Anyway it may be a wagon but its still a small car

aster7, Nov 21, 2:18am
Thanks for the replies.We bought one on the weekend, I was aware of the lack of leg room in the back so no surprises there.I had previously owned a Sentra which was a good wee reliable car and pretty much wanted the same thing.I travelled across chch twice on the weekend and the fuel guage hardly budged which definately was not the case with our Camry.

matt_forall, Nov 21, 2:58am
oh yes we purchased it before having a child.Also we never had passengers in the back seat, we mainly wanted a wagon for the option of having roof racks for surf boards and being able to fit bikes in the boot with the back seats folded down.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 18, 9:28am
Thirsty, underwhelming and grossly over-rated.
Just another car thats over-hyped because they were available cheap by the truckload for importers and they tended to require little essential maintenance before being sold.
You could buy HEAPS more vehicle for your money.

Also, they are a Japanese domestic market only discontinued orphan. As a result very little money went into the design and it shows. They were designed as a tradesmans wagon that could double as a family car.

They are transport, and reasonably reliable but that's about the sum total of the good points. Look carefully for rust underneath, they are one of the last modern cars to have significant rust problems.