Thinking about getting a mazda 3 or 6.good cars!

Page 2 / 2
gofer0007, Nov 21, 10:35pm
eeeuuuuwwwwwwww not the Mazda 6 what ever you do.I was given one last year July as a company car and its the second worst ride (other than my dad's lada Niva) , its under powered, doesnt like hills, the speed cruise is a joke as it keeps reving like crap then goes "oops too fast and taps off again like the brakes are on", the rear roof height is too low if your a real man over 180cm tall BUT it gets 820 km on a tank on the open road driving like a back packer.lo-
l.Its a good company car for fuel costs BUT not as a private vehicle to actualy buy and own.The older Mazdas were wayyyyyyyyy better. I am so glad to have just got a Holden 2.0 TD Captiva on Friday which runs circles around the Mazda.

richms, Nov 22, 2:59am
Are you people with flatspots and underpowered putting 91 into them or something! the 3 I drove was fine.

richardmayes, Mar 28, 10:45am
I drove the first-generation (silver taillight) Mazda 6s back in about 2004-5 when they were new in the work carpool. The smaller engined ones.

Just a good, workmanlike Japanese 4-cylinder. Not a lot of power and it had the typical EFI flat spot, and no bottom end torque so you had to be in the right gear at all times if you wanted to motor quickly.

I remember the noise levels, ride and handling seemed really good for a basic 4 cylinder saloon car, and noticeably better than the previous-generation Mazda 626s we had been running previously. At the time motoring people actually commented on these cars, about how Mazda and the Japanese generally seemed to be really upping their game.

(We had Honda Euro Accords in the car pool as well, and those were clearly several cuts above the Mazda 6, but whether it's really worth the difference you'd pay now is a value judgement only you can answer.)